Luis Fernando Lopez
|Luis Fernando Lopez|
Luis Fernando Lopez in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
[[Appearance::Grand Theft Auto IV|
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony]]
|Full Name||Luis Fernando Lopez|
|Aliases||Big L, L, Lou, Louis, Captain Downtown, Mr Big Shot|
|Date of Birth||1983|
|Place of Birth||Northwood, Liberty City|
|Home||Galveston Ave, North Holland, Liberty City|
Adriana Yanira Lopez (Mother)|
Mr Lopez (Father)
Ernesto Lopez (Brother)
Leta Lopez-Wilkinson (Sister)
Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers|
The Ancelotti crime family
Super Drop Diamond|
Bati Custom (Choice)
|Businesses||Associate of Tony Prince|
|Voiced by||Mario D'Leon|
|name = Luis Fernando Lopez
|image = LuisFernandoLopez-TBOGT.jpg
|size = 200px
|caption = Luis Fernando Lopez in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
|games = [[Grand Theft Auto IV]]
Luis Fernando Lopez is a character in the GTA IV era, appearing in Grand Theft Auto IV, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, in which he is the protagonist. In the game, he is Gay Tony's 25 year old bodyguard and business associate (making Luis the youngest of Grand Theft Auto IV's three protagonists).
Luis is of Dominican descent, born and raised in Northwood. His father was a US Marine who abandoned them while they were young. Between the ages of 7 to 17 (throughout the 1990s), Luis grew up with Armando Torres, Henrique Bardas, Oscar Gomez, Alonso Gomez, Teddy Benavidez and Willy Valerio, as they all went to the same school, and often got him into trouble. During his childhood, it is assumed that Lopez dealt drugs for Oscar Gomez and Willy Valerio. During a drug war, Henrique mentions that Luis used to rap while Henrique "layed down" the beat. Henrique claims that Luis was a poor rapper, however, because people used to laugh at him when he would rap. Luis had been to prison twice, once to juvenile hall for shooting a teacher who felt up his sister, and again when he took the blame for a crime commited by Armando and Henrique (neither of whom were caught). In prison, Luis had to fight to keep from being killed or raped. This is presumably where he got his physique. His brother and sister later both left Liberty City and now lead law-abiding lives.
Luis is similar in a sense to fellow GTA protagonists Carl Johnson and Vic Vance, in the sense that they are both minorities from poor neighborhoods who wish to live legitimately and are frustrated by repeatedly finding themselves in criminal situations. Specifically, all three are very reluctant to sell drugs.
Young adulthood and meeting "Gay Tony" Prince
During the time Lopez had been arrested for dealing drugs, Gay Tony was hiring doormen for Death By Machines and Hercules. Eventually, Prince found Luis in a youth program (probably in 1999, when Tony had just opened Hercules and Luis would have been 17). Lopez accepted the job, eventually becoming Prince's bodyguard, and it wouldn't take long for Tony and Luis to see each other as a sort of father and son pair. He cut all remaining ties he held with Oscar and Willy, with the exception of Armando and Henrique. Despite this, the LCPD think that Luis is still dealing drugs for Oscar Gomez and Willy Valerio, and even arrested Luis on suspicion for grand theft auto in 2001. As a result of working for Gay Tony, his life became much more positive, and while he lost respect with his old friends who began viewing him as a yuppie, he was introduced to much more money and glamour (despite being arrested for assault in 2003, the same year Maisonette 9 opened). Tony once also paid for Luis to take helicopter flying lessons for business purposes (as shown from his Higgins Helitours piloting certificate in his apartment, as well as the club management mission with Bruce Spade). Unfortunately, Tony was in debt to several criminals across the city such as Mori Kibbutz and Ancelotti member Rocco Pelosi. Lopez also worked casually with the multi-billionaire real estate developer Yusuf Amir (although Luis is not black, he still gets angry when Yusuf repeatedly says, "Nigga"). He also worked for Ray Bulgarin, who would later attempt to murder Luis and Tony.
Because of his role as a celebrity nightclub bouncer, he has the opportunity to socialize and even have casual sex with famous, beautiful women. Some people mentioned during the game that Luis has a little penis. It's unproved, but this blame comes from his lovers, and he gets angry when somebody else talks about that. Gracie occasionally teases Luis and suggests that he is a closeted homosexual. It's perhaps notable that Luis seems to have a slight pattern towards brunettes.
He has been romantically linked to:
- Carmen Ortiz: A Bohan woman that Luis was involved with and calls "nasty", probably before his glamorous days as a club bouncer (because Henrique Bardas was also involved with her). In an eerie coincidence, she is a potential girlfriend for Niko Bellic and once dirty danced with Elizabeta Torres at one of her house parties.
- Daisie Cash-Cooze: A British socialite living in Liberty City, who once slept with Luis and later recruits his help when a famous actor that she cheated on her boyfriend with, Chris Hunt, is about to humiliate her. Although Hunt releases a compromising sex tape to millions of viewers, Daisie happily marries her boyfriend despite the affair.
- Dani Lupisella: Daughter of the Lupisella mafia don, who threatened to have her father "chop his balls off" if or when the relationship ended. During "Blog This!...", Luis tells Gracie Ancelotti, who is interested in him, that he will not date mob daughters because of the experience.
- Joni: A close co-worker of Luis' at Maisonette 9, who will sometimes give Luis a blowjob in the surveillance room and later complain in stride about Luis having a tiny penis. It's mostly implied that they have a friends-with-benefits relationship, but if Luis has sex with a woman in Maisonette 9's bathroom (see below), Joni will scream at him for breaking her heart.
- Margot: A mentally unstable ex-girlfriend who attempts to kill herself two times over Luis. The first time she uses painkillers and sleeping pills, and then a second time she jumps from a two to three story balcony and actually dies. Luis disperses the area before attracting any attention.
- Monique: Although the two had met previously, in the mission Boulevard Baby, he gets a blowjob and is later caught red-handed by her boyfriend who was thought to be out of town.
- Monique's roommate (see Monique article)
- Poppy Mitchell: One of several famous people Luis has had casual sex with. When asked about having sex with celebrities, he says it's just like normal sex, except they look at themselves in the mirror.
- The player has the opportunity to dance and have sex with random women at Maisonette 9.
- GTA IV
- The Lost and Damned
During the missions Museum Piece and Ladies Half Price, you can go back and kill Johnny Klebitz, Packie McReary or Niko Bellic. Though this does cause the mission to fail, the characters have a ton of health and will revive to continue running to the exit. Luis' physique also changes just slightly in each DLC.
LCPD Database information
First Name: Luis Fernando
Place of Birth: Liberty City
Affiliations: Known Associate of "Gay" Tony Prince.
- 2001 - Grand Theft Auto
- 2003 - Assault
- Northwood resident of Dominican descent.
- Works as a bodyguard for Tony Prince, streetname - Gay Tony.
- Also works as a doorman at Prince's nightclubs Maisonette 9 and Hercules in Lower Algonquin.
- Linked to several Northwood drug dealers from an early age and known to be involved in the illegal street fighting scene.
- If Niko responds negatively to the e-mail "Brucie Owns Reality. Bro!", Niko writes: "There are more important things in life than being a celebrity or having good abs. You've been spending too much time fluffing the bouncer at the Maisonette 9", which could be referring to Luis, but also Dessie as well.
- Luis calls everybody "bro" and often begins the phrase with "o-ye".
- During the friend activities, Armando and Henrique mention that Luis was always a terrible darts player.
- In the GTA IV mission Three Leaf Clover, Niko can kill Luis when he is amongst the hostages in the bank.
- If you look closely, Luis has his name tattooed onto his neck, although it is partially covered by his clothing.
- In GTA IV, Niko Bellic can purchase Luis's white tennis shoes at Modo.
- When performing an armed carjacking, Luis grabs the driver and sticks a gun to their head, forcing them out of their vehicle. Some consider this to be a more realistic animation than the ones in Grand Theft Auto IV and The Lost and Damned.
| Some of the information on this page might not be accurate.
Please help by correcting the information, finding sources to prove the information, or discussing the issues on the talk page.
Luis in GTA IV, as seen in "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend". This character design is reused for The Lost and Damned.
Rendered Ballad of Gay Tony game art of Luis Fernando Lopez.
- Frickie Van Hardenburg - murdered when his yacht is destroyed.
- Tahir Saeed - murdered for tipping off the cops to get Yusuf "out of the picture."
- Ahmed - Luis makes an attacking gesture towards Ahmed, purposely causing him to fall from the Rotterdam Tower.
- Vic - murdered for assaulting Monique and attempting to shoot Luis.
- Mori Green - murdered in the Libertonian for the diamonds.
- Marki Ashvilli - murdered on orders from Rodislav Bulgarin, to own a hockey team.
- Vince - murdered to intimidate Rocco Pelosi and rescue Anthony Prince.
- Timur - killed for threatening the lives of Luis and Prince.
- Ray Bulgarin - murdered for threatening and attempting to murder Luis and Prince.
- Mr. Santo - can be killed for attempting to attack Luis with a blade, when Luis refuses to take a dive in a fight to pay off his mother's loan, in the mission "Momma's Boy".
- The Union Official in the mission Practice Swing can be killed, there is alternate dialouge, and it has no affect on the main story after that.