Secrets in GTA III
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In the very southwestern block of Bedford Point lies a parking lot (notably featured in the Kingdom Come mission) where an easter egg can be located; known as The Hidden Sign. To reach it, the player needs a car of small size such as Manana or Taxi. Going up the stairs leading to an overlooking platform to the north of the lot (near the entrance to an underground parking in the same area), the player must jump from the car to reach the top of a building to the west, jump down on the wall and from there drop down to an otherwise unaccessible alley behind it. At the end of the alley, on the wall, there is a posted notice that states "You weren't supposed to be able to get here you know." Near the poster is a ramp that allows the player to leave again.
- At night, shooting the moon with a sniper rifle will change the size of moon.
- Zombie Elvis Found! is an Easter Egg, that do not have a specific place, because is a headline on newspapers that are found on the streets throughout Liberty City, that depicts the headline, along with a black and white photograph of Elvis' face. But actually this is just a joke.
- In Bedford Point, under a sign of Flashback 95.6, there are some messages, including one of them says "GTA III OUT NOW!".
- In the subway stations of Liberty City you can see posters with a background and some drawings, with the initials of the series in gray, that is GTA.
References to previous games
- Top Down City is a fictional film in GTA III. Ads can be spotted all over the city. The film is a reference to Grand Theft Auto 1, and Grand Theft Auto 2 as these two are in the Top-Down Perspective.
- Inside of the [email protected] Internet Cafe there are computers on the first floor displaying screenshots of GTA 1, and GTA 2.
References to other games
- On the in-game radio, you can sometimes hear references to Carcer City, which is a city that would be later used in Rockstar's Manhunt.
- In the mission Two-Faced Tanner the character that the player has to kill is named Tanner, protagonist of the Driver series. He was given a female walking animation due to the criticism that Tanner in Driver walked like a girl.
- Badfellas is another film advertised in GTA III. It is a parody of the film Goodfellas in which Frank Vincent, the voice of Salvatore Leone starred in.
- The yellow notebooks carried by male students of Liberty Campus feature scribbled drawings of urinating male genitalia.