Grand Theft Auto V
Jump to navigation Jump to search
| This article concerns a future game or content that is unreleased.
Some details may be speculative, and may not turn out to be correct.
This game is not confirmed to exist. Its title, release date and content have not been announced. It has been rumored heavily that Grand Theft Auto 5 is already in development, however this also has not been confirmed.
- See: GTA 5 Wishlist
Hints and guesses about GTA 5
- In Grand Theft Auto IV, numerous references are made to Vice City and the state of San Andreas. These seem to assure that both locations still exist in the GTA IV Era.
- Many fans believe that Vice City will be the setting of the next GTA game - whether in the GTA IV Era or a new GTA 5 Era. This is because Vice City followed on from Liberty City in both GTA 1 (but not immediately) and the GTA III Era. However, other fans believe that the series will return to London, Anywhere City or San Andreas, which are all previously used in GTA games.
- On page thirteen of the Episodes from Liberty City guide book, there's a teaser that shows a broken heart made of the GTA IV box art and says "Liberty City, It's Over!" followed by "Next Stop..." and a small torn area that shows another poster behind, later revealed to be an advert for Mollis. The torn area has been noted as being in the shape of France. It also says in the right lower corner in a red box "Opens March Everywhere".
- Another possible teaser is seen at the end of The Ballad of Gay Tony, when supporting character Patrick McReary is shown taking a flight to an unknown location, supposedly to the location of GTA 5. With Packie's family have Irish heritage, it is plausible that the location of GTA 5 may in fact be Ireland.
- A report says Rockstar North has travelled to Hollywood for research, leading some to believe GTA 5 will take place in or around Vinewood.
- On the Rockstar Games Social Club in the GTA IV Story Gang section, there is an Air Sol plane ticket that was apparantly purchased by Niko Bellic to fly from Liberty City to San Andreas.
- In 2010, Rockstar Games said that 2011 will be a "non-GTA-year"(?). Despite no confirmation, this has led many to believe that the next GTA game will be released in 2012.
- In July 2010, The Examiner also commented on Rockstar researching in Los Angeles, and said that GTA V may be announced next year at a Max Payne 3 event.
- Although Take Two Interactive have not officially confirmed a release date, a respected gaming analyst claimed that GTA V will most likely not be released until the fiscal year April 2012 - March 2013.
- File:Niko Bellic going to San Andreas.jpg