Lure (GTA SA)
Carl Johnson explaining his decoy plan to Ran Fa Li and Su Xi Mu.
|Game||GTA San Andreas|
|For||Wu Zi Mu|
|Location||Chinatown, San Fierro, San Andreas|
|Unlocked by||Ran Fa Li|
Lure is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, accessed independently by protagonist Carl "CJ" Johnson under the inspiration of Red Gecko Tong leader Ran Fa "Farlie" Li from San Fierro Triads leader Wu Zi "Woozie" Mu's apartment in the Chinatown district of San Fierro, San Andreas.
Farlie has gone to Woozie's apartment in Chinatown, but now the Da Nang Boys are after him and he can't get back home. The Triads are planning a way to trap the Da Nang Boys out. Carl, meanwhile, offers himself to be a decoy to deceive the Da Nang Boys so that Farlie can get out of Chinatown safely.
Carl gets in a Rancher parked outside the apartment. He drives to the sawmills in Angel Pine. Upon arriving there, he sees a couple of Da Nang Boys. The gangsters chase Carl, thinking the vehicle contains Farlie. Carl traverses through the heavily-forested areas of Flint County and Whetstone. After a long ride, Carl eventually stops at a gas station along the highway. Guppy then calls him, telling him that Woozie has taken Farlie into safety. Later on, the Da Nang Boys eventually realize it's a trap, which results into them getting back to Chinatown.
Woozie: As honored as I am to share my home with you, we should lower these lizards out into the baking sun!
Suzi: (Farlie grunts) We were followed here. The Da Nang Boys are watching this apartment. As soon as we leave, they will attempt an assassination.
CJ: Hey, what's the big deal? Why don't you cruise on out of here, lead them to a quiet place and cap their flat asses - no offense.
Woozie: None taken.
Suzi: We find you funny.
CJ: Look, as long as they think Mr. Farlie here is in the back, they'll follow me wherever. After a while, you can come out safely - simple.
Woozie: Heh-heh. Amazing.
Suzi: (as Farlie grunts at him) Your success will be rewarded, Mr. Johnson.
(Carl completes his act of deception, giving chase to the Da Nang Boys through the heavily forested areas of Whetstone and Flint County and arrives at the gas station on the highway, when his phone rings.)
Guppy: Mr. Johnson, it's Guppy, are you OK?
CJ: Yeah, it's nothing, they took the bait like morons! Mr. Ran Fa Li get out alright?
Guppy: Yes, Woozie has taken him to safety, thank you.
CJ: Cool. I'll see you later, man.
(A Da Nang Boy reaches Carl.)
Da Nang Boy: It's decoy, back to Chinatown!
The rewards for this mission are $8,000 and an increase in respect. The mission Amphibious Assault is unlocked, though it additionally requires atleast 40% lung capacity. The AK-47 becomes avaliable for purchase at Ammu-Nation for $3500.
- Inside the game files, there is a Rancher with the internal name of "rnchlure", implying it was intended for this mission. Rnchlure has darkened windows for visual protection, a central element of this mission, but despite this a normal Rancher is used. If you use the cheat to spawn a Rancher it will spawn a Rnchlure. Rnchlure is unmodifiable at garages and doesn't comply for Exports and Imports.
- If one tries to go and respray the Rancher, it will instead remove its doors, making the player more noticeable.
- If, at any point, Carl exits the Rancher, the mission will fail, even if there is no Da Nang Boy around to see him.
- The Rancher can be kept after completing the mission, which will become damage-proof.
- Prior to entry into the red marker for starting the mission, there is no problem if Carl has substantial health and armor with a 5-star wanted level, because once you enter into the Rancher, it is all-proof until reaching Angel Pine. Once the chase starts there, police attention is completely disabled till the end of the mission, making it easy. Further, the Rancher's health during the chase is only affected by the bullets it takes from the Da Nang Boys and nothing else. Hence, if one is well equipped with an SMG or micro-SMG, the Da Nang Boys and their bikes can always be made short work of, and it will not hurt the player.
The Da Nang Boys realize the plan after Ran Fa Li escapes.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|