- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
The weapon's gas-powered repeater system generally holds seven shells in the undertube of the gun. The gun shoots in a fully automatic mode in the GTA Vice City rendition, however this feature was removed in later installments, presumably to curb the gun's power. The shotgun is not commonly found throughout the games; in GTA Vice City, only one Ammu-Nation sells the gun, at the extreme price of $4000, with a similar situation in GTA San Andreas. In GTA Liberty City Stories, the gun can only be obtained through one spawn location.
This weapon is spelled as "Spaz 12" in the original PS2 version of GTA Vice City and in GTA Vice City Stories; and as 'S.P.A.S. 12' in later versions of GTA Vice City.
- GTA Vice City
- Downtown - Available to buy from Downtown Ammu-Nation after completion of Bar Brawl ($4,000).
- Escobar International Airport - Behind the Vice Surf billboard across from the EIA Main Terminal Building.
- GTA San Andreas
- The Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas - Spawns outside the casino after collecting all 50 horseshoes.
- LVA Freight Depot, Las Venturas - In northwest, hidden in some bushes near a building with yellow diamond shapes on it
- Available to buy from Ammu-Nation after completing You've Had Your Chips. ($1,000)
- Inside Big Smoke's Crack Palace (only during the mission End of the Line)
- Inside Area 69 (Players need Blue Hell to get inside Area 69)
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- GTA Vice City Stories
Real life models
- The actual SPAS 12 shotgun is seen in GTA IV's loading sequences; artwork shows two NOOSE officers holding SPAS 12s, with one firing an MP10.
- The real life SPAS-12 is manufactured by Franchi