Talk:Michelle (GTA IV)
| This talk page is for discussing the Michelle (GTA IV) article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
- For spoiler discussion, see this talk page
|This article has previously been the subject of edit wars. Please do NOT place spoilers on the page, or on this talk page.|
This article requires expansion. Michelle's proclivities during dating should be listed, as well as how, when, where, and by whom she is introduced to Niko Bellic. Because I have no familiarity with GTA IV, I must leave it to my fellow GTW editors! EganioTalk 07:53, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
Likes / Dislikes
It's been a while since iv'e had to date Michelle so I won't add anything straight to the article without checking first, but i'm sure i remember that she liked eating at resturants, seeing shows (I went to the caberat club) and once I put my waypoiunt on a resturant but when i got there i parked in the wong marker, it was a bar, but she seemed to like it.
Obviousley because its her idea in the First Date mission that she must like bowling (but of course not too often)
Biggest gta fan ever 05:40, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
Now that we know her name isn't Michelle Stone, the second word in the article needs to be deleted. Of course I can't do it myself because of the protection. Biggest gta fan ever 09:44, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- I've know done changed the name. A-Dust 10:06, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
Protection + Spoilers?
Hey, just came across this page and noticed it seems kind of lacking. I understand partially the idea of not placing spoilers on the page (in regards to Karen), however it could at least be improved to include the kind of information in other GTA IV Girlfriends articles like Carmen's. Since the page is protected, it's difficult to get the edits into the page. I'm just wondering what the rationale for the protection is (if it's over worry of adding spoilers or an edit war due to debate on spoilers, I assume that the consensus to not add spoilers could be commented into the edit page at the top so that editors would notice this, while those who wanted to avoid spoilers still would see only a comment along the lines of "Please don't add spoilers regarding Karen to this page" or something).
In addition to the protection concern, I'm wondering what the reasoning for not including spoilers on this page really is. I'm new to this wiki and therefore not 100% sure on it's stylization standards, but I would assume that continuity would be maintained between articles on the same types of subjects. Since Kate's page just includes a spoiler alert and nothing else, I don't see why this couldn't be matched to that. I understand that redirecting Michelle to Karen would cause problems, but since Karen is an extremely minor character (after she becomes Karen), I'd still think it's better to make Michelle into a page similar to Carman's and Kate's and the rest of the girlfriends, tagging the spoiler and having Karen redirect to Michelle. Dylnuge 23:45, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
- Firstly, there has been extended discussion about how to deal with the spoiler. Yes, the protection is because of the spoiler, so that new users who don't know about the separate page don't add it. You are welcome to discuss this, but please use the other talk page. I don't entirely agree with the protection myself, but I agree that it's the best way to keep the spoilers out. As for non-spoiler expansions, simply type what you want on the page, and I will add it. Thanks! Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 00:02, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
- I did read the discussion/debate at the other page, and I'll move the spoiler discussion over there (though I did attempt to keep what I said above spoiler free). I still think that protecting a page goes against the general ideology of a wiki (anyone can edit) and shouldn't really be done for an extended period of time unless absolutely necessary, or if there is no reason for a general user to edit the page. This doesn't really seem to merit either (again, I'll point out that I'm not familiar with policy on GTW and apologize if I'm mistaken). Even if spoilers are to be excluded from the page, a warning of some type (a comment or even a box at the top of the page saying Do not add Spoilers to this Page) could be useful. GTA IV came out more then half a year ago on console, so I'm pretty sure that if protection is still being maintained here then it's probably permanent. Dylnuge 00:33, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
- As for things that could be added/changed: Van links to article about the GTA II vehicle, this could be changed to link to Vehicles in GTA IV (I don't see a more appropriate article, perhaps no link is needed). A section could also be added on Michelle's background and personality (she recently moved to Liberty City from the Midwest and doesn't know a lot of places, she prefers variety (expressing interest in new cars and pointing out if Niko is wearing the same outfit or takes her to the same place constantly), and tends to express concern in Niko's involvement in criminal activities while being naive enough to believe his denials).
- I will add/change all that stuff. Also, the protection isn't permanent. It's just sticking around for now because some people have only recently played the game for the first time on PC, and in some parts of the world (like where I live in Australia), the PC version isn't even released yet. Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 00:55, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
I would like to discuss the possibility of Michelle being from Scotland. If you, when on a date, decide to go play darts with her, the flag on her darts is Scottish. I think that this might be true since Niko has a Serbian flag and so does Roman, and I also know that Packie's darts have Ireland's flag on them. I'm not sure about the rest of the characters though, could somebody confirm this or is the Scottish flag just some sort of default dart pattern/texture? I mean this sounds sort of silly, but I wanted to hear what you guys think.
She could have a friend in Scotland who she got the darts from? She couldn't be Scottish herself, her voice is too American. Maybe she just likes Scotland? Could be a default pattern for her.Project Harbinger 10:53, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
Adding lists of Michelle's favorite cars/restaurants/etc.
I'm going to add a couple lists under "preferences" to show what cars Michelle prefers, restaurants, venues, etc.
I think this should have been done LONG ago, especially since new users/players to the game can better know what to do during a date. I'll also add the same lists to the other girlfriends later on.
Also, I edited the part that talks about Michelle "not minding" Niko wearing more expensive clothing. That is completely false. She doesn't like anything from Modo or Perseus.
Should the K--- and Michelle (GTA IV) articles be merged
Seeing as Michelle is a alias for K--- in the game I think both articles should be merged into one to avoid confusion. --Red Polar Bear Ranger 19:44, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
- We've had this discussion many times. The article is separate to hide the secret about Michelle. Please discuss that here. Gboyers talk 00:35, September 27, 2009 (UTC)
End Spoiler Warnings
Geez, man. The recent removal of spoilers because of this section is ridiculous. The game has been out for nearly a year, and I'm pretty sure most people would have been bloody aware of her by now. Shouldn't there be a limit on how long we hold back on spoilers? - ZS 18:56, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
- I agree, but we need to discuss this and make a decision. We can't just have one person randomly deciding that it's alright, since clearly there has been a lot of discussion on this. Gboyers talk 19:00, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
- That's cool. But I'll bring it up again some other time. There's no urgency. - ZS 19:10, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
- I disagree with this, I personally still know a few people who are obsessed with GTA but have only played most of the 3D Universe are eager to play HD Universe games like GTA IV and haven't yet, due to either lack of a next gen console or money. A few of them also use the Wiki for information. Just because something is 6 years old it shouldn't mean it suddenly becomes spoiler ridden everywhere... there will always be someone new to the series and the game. Having spoilers can be irritating, not having spoilers doesn't hurt anyone so why does it matter? If you already know that Michelle is Karen anyway, then why do you need to merge? I think we should keep the pages separate. Grand Theft AJ (talk|edits) 23:04, 25 April 2014 (BST)