The Angels of Death
The Angels of Death
The Angels of Death patch
|Games:||GTA IV |
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
GTA Chinatown Wars
|Locations:||Algonquin, Liberty City|
|Type:||Outlaw Motorcycle Club|
|Enemies:||The Lost Brotherhood|
|Colors:||Dark Red and Black|
|Businesses:||Extortion, Drug Trafficking.|
|Fronts:||Angels of Death Clubhouse |
Auto Repair Shops
|Members:||Lester Arnold, Albert Lawson, Joe Jon, Simon Nashly, Bert Reker, Meredith, Lester Leroc (undercover)|
The Angels of Death Motorcycle Club is an outlaw biker gang operating around Algonquin, where they frequently hang out at their clubhouse located in Varsity Heights, Liberty City. They are supplied with Heroin by the Jaoming Triad and deal Cocaine with the Spanish Lords. Unlike The Lost MC, who have an exclusive Liberty City charter, the Angels of Death have numerous charters including ones in the UK, Europe, Scandinavia, Canada and Australia as well as one in every state of America. The Angels of Death also have a themepark in Florida and sell branded merchanise such as bed linen, books, party sets, diapers and even dildos. For this, The Lost MC accuse them of selling out to what is true.
According to their official in-game website, angelsofdeathonline.com, the AOD started in San Andreas in 1949 as a small club for people unsatisfied with a non-segregated society. Lester Arnold is the leader of the Angels of Death and is based in San Fierro, along with Road Captain Joe Jon Johnson.
In The Lost and Damned Angels of Death members do not spawn in Beechwood City or BOABO, they only spawn around their clubhouse in Northwood. In The Lost and Damned the player can enter The Angels of Death clubhouse in multiplayer.
Here follows a list of the turf the Angels of Death own and/or appear in.
- Beechwood City, Liberty City
- BOABO, Liberty City
- Northwood, Liberty City
- Boulevard, Liberty City
- Skyway Diner, Tudor
Weapons of Choice
GTA IV and The Ballad of Gay Tony
They act and behave like civilians, only armed and aggressive.
The Lost and Damned
Full on gang members, arch enemies, will have more weaponry.
- Automatic Pistol
- Micro SMG
- Sawn-Off Shotgun
- Assault Rifle - (Gang Wars Only)
- Grenades - (Gang Wars Only)
- The name "Angels of Death" may be a cultural reference to the song "Angel of Death" by Thin Lizzy, or to Nazi physician Josef Mengele, whose nickname was "the Angel of Death" for his horrendous torture and medical experiments. Slayer also wrote a song called "Angel of Death" about the aforementioned physician.
- The Lost Brotherhood always call Angels of Death members "Deadbeats".
- According to a special Weazel News report, the Angels of Death claim that they are just a "social club", a hint to the real-life Hells Angels who claim the exact same thing about themselves ; possibly pointing out that the AoD are a parody of the Hells. There is also the book "Angels of Death". A book about the real-life Hells Angels
- In GTA IV, attacking an AoD biker can be dangerous, as he will most likely pull a knife on you, and get help off other AOD bikers. Shooting one is even more dangerous, as they too will shoot back.
- In GTA IV's Multiplayer Mafiya Work mode, Kenny Petrovic reveals that the leader of the AOD organization (possibly Lester Arnold) has a bike which he calls Sexy Charlie, and then orders it to be destroyed.
- In GTA IV's Deal Breaker, Kenny orders the players to kill many Angel of Death gang members at a multistory factory in Acter Industrial Park.
- The gang's most favourite radio stations are Liberty City Hardcore and Liberty Rock Radio 97.8.
- In GTA IV, the Angels of Death are often seen hanging out around the Burger Shot in Beechwood City.
- It is implied that The Angels of Death are Neo Nazi. Considering that during the Gang Wars side missions, Johnny can be heard shouting "You racist pricks make me gag!", and "Fucking anti-Semites" while fighting the gang.