| Some of the information on this page might not be accurate.
Please help by correcting the information, finding sources to prove the information, or discussing the issues on the talk page.
Beta Weapons are weapons that were not included in the game. It is also includes some weapons that didn't make it to the final game and weapons have their models changed. Many made well during development and it is unknown why they were removed. However, very most of them can be obtained through cheat devices and trainers.
Grand Theft Auto 2
- Weapons called electro-baton, instant vehicle bomb and microwave were cut. The first two have their HUD icons inside game files.
GTA Vice City
- The AK-47 was cut before the release of the game.
- Landmines were cut.
- The Grenade Launcher was also cut.
- It is said that the Tazer was also included in the game, but was also cut.
- The Nailgun was believed to be included in the game.
- Deep inside the PS2 version there are some remaining files (model, texture) of Steyr Aug.
- The PSG-1 never had a silencer.
- The MP5 looked shorter.
- The M4 in the retail version was originally an M16A2.
- Tear Gas was removed from Xbox, PC and later PS2 versions of the game.
GTA San Andreas
- The Skateboard was cut from the PC version. It was a melee weapon. Available as a mod for the PC version but is already usable on the PS2 version.
- The M47 Dragon was cut.
- The M82 was cut.
- The Grenade Launcher was cut again in the game.
- M249 SAW and M60 were cut.
- The Micro SMG known from GTA VC was also removed, but can be seen in several early screenshots.
GTA Liberty City Stories
- There is existing tear gas, but it can be only acquired via trainers.
GTA Vice City Stories
- The tear gas and landmines were going to be included in the game. However, they can be obtained through trainers.
- The phone was cut and replaced with a pager. In the PSP version it's possible to take the phone out with cheat devices, but it's useless.
- The Scorpion was originally shot two-handed.
- The Camera was originally available outside of missions and would've been found behind a building in Ocean Beach.
- The Barrel was cut.
The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Armando Torres would have be able to sell every weapon in the game from his gun van including the Desert Eagle and the Micro Uzi.
- The Automatic Shotgun was fully automatic.
- The Advanced Sniper's scope was not tinted green.
- The Assault SMG did not have a silencer.
- The Parachute was all yellow in the beta, instead of yellow, white and blue.
- The Advanced Rifle originally looked a little different.
- The Combat MG originally looked very similar to TBoGT's Combat MG.
- The Assault SMG originally looked much more like a real FN P90.
- The Heavy Rifle, a SCAR-like rifle, was cut.
- The Assault Sniper, an M110-like rifle, was cut.
- The Assault MG, based on the HK21, was cut.
- A smart gun called the Programmable A.R., based on the XM-25, was cut.
- The Wrench was going to be a usable melee weapon.
- The Fire Axe was going to be a usable melee weapon.
- The Shovel was going to be a usable melee weapon.
- A Loudhailer was cut, it was most likely a mission only weapon.
- The Lasso was cut.
- A Rubbergun was cut, which was very similar to a Micro SMG and shot rubber bullets.
- From global.gxt2: AM_H_PROGAR = Press and hold ~INPUT_AIM~ to aim the Programmable A.R. then press ~INPUT_ATTACK~ to set the range.~n~Once the range has been set press ~INPUT_ATTACK~ to fire.
- Line 479 of GTA V's weaponfx.dat: # RUBBER BULLET VS GLASS #