GTA Liberty City Stories|
GTA Vice City Stories
|Type of business||Supermarket|
Portland View, Liberty City|
Little Haiti, Vice City (two)
Washington Beach, Vice City
Fidl is a supermarket chain featured Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. The chain is a spoof of Lidl, a Germany-based supermarket chain with outlets in Europe, and a play on the word fiddle, "fiddler" being slang for a rapist or pedophile and British slang for a mastubator. Fidl is also revealed in GTA Vice City Stories to be selling German products with sexually suggestive names.
The chain has very little significance in GTA Liberty City Stories, consisting of only one supermarket in Portland View, Portland, Liberty City, which is implied to be rebranded as a Supa Save! by events in Grand Theft Auto III, set three years after 1998, GTA Liberty City Stories' timeline.
List of products (GTA Vice City Stories)
- Bawbags (Bawbag is a Scots term for scrotum)
- Bitch’n’ Dog Food
- Cocks'n'Schwanzsuppe (German for Cocks'n'Cock Soup)
- Cok O Pops
- Deutsches Pimpernickel (German for German Screw Nickel instead of Deutsches Pumpernickel)
- Dicke fleischige Dinger (German for Big'n'fleshy Things, which refers to cocks)
- Dump Ice Cream
- Fresh Milk
- Matahar Giza
- Moist Rea Lenghts and Poads
- Perversil (instead of Persil, perver ~ Perverser, means perv)
- Rote Regelgrütze (German for Red Period Grout)
- Samenpudding (German for Semen Pudding)
- Scrotum Coffee
- Ungewaschene Käsestangen (German for Unwashed Cheese Straw)
Fidl uses the same font like the sports goods producer Puma. It's called "My Puma".
Portland View outlet.
First Little Haiti outlet.
Second Little Haiti outlet.
Washington Beach outlet.
Company logo, 1984.
Company logo, 1998.