If Grand Theft Wiki does not have an article about a certain relevant topic, you may create one. Choose the title in the box below, or read on for detailed instructions.
<inputbox> type=create break=no preload=Write your text here... buttonlabel=Create New Article </inputbox>
Before you create a page
There are a couple of steps you need to take before you make a new page:
Make sure the article does not exist
- Search for it at Special:Search or use the search box.
- Try alternative spellings, including British and American English, and with/without punctuation
- Check relevant pages to see if there is a link
- Check relevant categories to see if you can find the page
- Make sure the content of the article (eg a Character) is not already listed as part of another page (eg Characters in GTA III)
Make sure we require a new article
- Make sure the topic is relevant - check existing pages and categories to see if we want articles about it
- If the information is already on an existing page, then there is no reason to duplicate it unless it needs a lot more space to itself
- If you can split an existing article into two (or more) good-sized articles, then go ahead
When you create a new page
When you are making the page, there are a few things you need to take into consideration
- Make sure the page meets quality and Consistency guidelines.
- See Help if you're unsure about formatting and using images
- The title of your article should usually just be the title of the thing you're writing about
- Use title case for the title
- This means capitalization of all words, except for internal articles, prepositions and conjunctions (eg in/the/a/is/if/to)
- Example: The Vitamins Are in My Fresh Brussels Sprouts
- Example: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Example: Welcome to the
- Where something has its own capitalisation and punctuation (such as a mission or game name) then use the real format rather than title case
- Example: In The Beginning...
- Where you have more than one article with the same name, put something in brackets to separate them
- If you have more than 2 articles with similar names, you need a disambiguation page which simply links to all the pages with a similar name
Create a Page
If you're happy, then go ahead and pick a title for your new article:<inputbox> type=create break=no preload=Write your text here... buttonlabel=Create New Article </inputbox>