Grand Theft Wiki:Layout Guide
From Grand Theft Wiki
(Redirected from Grand Theft Auto Wiki:Layout Guide)
| This page is NOT official policy
For the most recent version, see Help:Articles
This Layout Guide is an official guide as to how an in-universe article should be structured. Feel free to discuss the Layout Guide on the talk page.
- official and canonical information only
- NO Infinities or non-canon information (unless the entire article is devoted to an Infinities or non-canon subject)
- NO speculation, not even an author's speculation
- used when an article is too vague or brief, AND when there is clearly more information that can be added
Behind the scenes (notice the capitalization)
- portrayal information (for characters appearing in games, cartoons)
- origin of subject - subject's first appearance, who was responsible for creating and/or naming the subject, how the subject came about, was it based on anything, who did the concept art, etc.
- retcon information - how (if) subject's story has been changed in a retcon
- any related Infinities or non-canon information
- contradictions - point out if one official source contradicts another, and which (if any) is accepted as canon
- speculation - only included if the speculation is WIDELY believed by fans, or any speculation made by authors
- Bulleted list of games, magna, and cartoons that the subject has appeared in
- These are de facto references or sources, but they are listed separately because they are in-universe
- Should be sorted in order of In-universe chronology
- Bulleted list of Reference books, Roleplaying books, webites, game strategy guides
- Includes even the smallest mentions
- Should be sorted by date of publication
Notes and references
- List of sources for information in the "Behind the scenes" section.
- Items are added to the list by placing <ref>Source goes here</ref> after the information tidbit in question.
- To get the references to show up in this section, insert the following code:
<div class="references-small"> <references/> </div>
- links to related topics not already linked in article
- It's called "External links" even if there is currently only one link
- Links to other unofficial sources, e.g. fan sites
- Every article should have at least one category
- Categories should be listed in alphabetical order
- People should be categorized by their last name (if available)
- Articles beginning with an article ("a," "an," or "the") should be categorized by the first significant word; for example, [[Category:Characters|Johnson, Carl]].