| This is a record of a successful nomination to become Staff.
Please do not edit the nomination, questions or comments sections of this page. Discuss on the talk page if neccessary.
I nominate User:George (previously known as User:Pooter) to become a SysOp on Grand Theft Wiki, because of his tireless dedication to improving this site. After well over a thousand edits in just a couple of months, he has proved himself to be one of our most reliable members. I think it is only a natural progression to joining our team of staff. Xenon (Admin) talk 00:05, 13 April 2007 (BST)
- George, please reply with whether you accept or decline this nomination, and why.
I accept this nomination, and if i become SysOp then i will do my best to make sure this site stays clean and running, and i would like to thank Xenon for the nomination. George 00:40, 13 April 2007 (BST)
Questions for the Candidate
- Members may leave questions here for the nominee to answer.
How would you use your SysOp privileges to help people on Grand Theft Wiki?
If anyone ever had questions for me about this site or anything else then i would be more then happy to awnser there questions, and if someone such as a new member needed help with something on the site then i would be more than happy to help them out. I'll help anyone out. George 02:04, 13 April 2007 (BST)
- That's exactly what we want you to do, but it isn't anything that you can't do as a normal member - except you would be known as staff and approached by members who have questions. As a SysOp you would have powers such as protecting pages, editing protected pages, suspending/banning members (and IPs) and reverting bad edits - Xenon (Admin) talk 14:28, 13 April 2007 (BST)
How would being a SysOp, and having the SysOp tools, help you to do that?
I would make sure that the site stayed cleaner such as if someone kept vandalising the site i would warn that person and if the person kept vandalising the site i would block the person for a short time, if there was ever a edit war going on and if the people woulden't stop the edit war i would block the page until those people who started the war come to good terms and stop the edit war for good, i won't let this site down if i'm elected SysOp. But i would like to add that i would revert bad edits, suspend/block bad users, and lock a page if nessacary like a Good admin would. George 14:49, 13 April 2007 (BST)
Do you have any experience working on other websites, forums or wikis?
No, this would be my first but i would do my best. George 02:04, 13 April 2007 (BST)
- All members can comment on this nomination here. Try to keep text in single paragraphs, and sign all your comments.
- I agree with Xenons recommendation for George to become admin. George has shown exceptional contributions to the site, which included the write-ups of new articles, and also usually attaching an image to them. Although he made some small mistakes at the beginning - when he joined, he promptly complied with all the requests of admins; thus showing a great co-operation level, which is a must - when one is to become an admin. Overall I think that George has made a big impact on the site, and fully support this nomination. Agree with Nomination, 47 02:12, 14 April 2007 (BST)
Congratulations George, you are now on a probationary Adminship. This means you are a SysOp for one week - if you impress the Bureaucrats in this time, you will become a permenant SysOp; if you fail to impress enough, you will return to being a normal user. This probation period does not mean you should go editing everything you possibly can, simply try your best to be helpful and only use the SysOp tools when you have to. If you have any questions, ask myself or User:47. Good luck. Xenon (Admin) talk 23:59, 22 April 2007 (BST)
- I would like to say that i think i'm doing a pretty good job so far, i told Chief of Staff that if he had any questions to just ask me, User:47 or User:Xenon, and i've been watching the site to see if there have been any bad edits or anything. George 22:52, 27 April 2007 (BST)
- You mentioned that you've been watching the "forums"... what or where is this, uh, "forums"? I must be missing something here. ?_? --Legion 21:46, 29 April 2007 (BST)
I ment to say Site, i got this site mixed up with The GTA Place since GTA Place runs this site. But yeah, i've been watching this site, i told GTA Pro to stop putting up his site without Permission. So yeah. George 23:49, 29 April 2007 (BST)
I'll agree with that - you have been joining in and continuing existing discussions a lot - it's all good. The one thing I would say is about "I don't think London was part of GTA1" - if you aren't sure, post on the Talk page first, and just make sure. I forgot to do that a few weeks ago about Johnny Sindacco's heart attack. Also, I would like to see you START a few more pages and discussions, instead of just joining in. But remember don't say anything that doesn't need saying (or that has been said already). Xenon (Admin) talk 23:06, 27 April 2007 (BST)
Ok, i'll do that more often. George 23:39, 27 April 2007 (BST)
- I am going to extend the probation period a bit more - I don't think one week is enough to prove someone's worth. Maybe on the fast-paced Wikipedia, but not Grand Theft Wiki. Let's try two weeks. Don't forget that this is judging whether you would be a successful admin, not a good editor. On other sites (including The GTA Place) I've promoted someone because they're good members, but they end up never doing anything as staff. Next weekend I'll take a look at all your contributions and make a judgement on that. Xenon (Admin) talk 22:08, 29 April 2007 (BST)
Ok, i'll be doing my best, and i'll be keeping an eye on GTA Pro also. George 04:56, 30 April 2007 (BST)
- There's always a troublemaker for every wikis, eh? :p --Legion 08:42, 30 April 2007 (BST)
User:George - you have hereby been accepted as a permanent Moderator on Grand Theft Wiki. You now have a responsibility to help out users and keep the site running smoothly, and you now have a few more tools to help you do that. You have been one of our most active users, so it is fitting that you are given this position.
Yay! Thanks Xenon, i'll so my best :). George 05:19, 3 May 2007 (BST)