GTA III era
- Portland police station in Portland View, Portland.
- Liberty City police headquarters in Torrington, Staunton Island.
- Shoreside Vale police station im Pike Creek, Shoreside Vale.
The Liberty City Police Department is headquartered in Torrington. The building is unique for having a helipad on its roof. The interiors of any of these stations are not accessible to the player.
- Washington Beach police station in Washington Beach.
- Vice Point police station in Vice Point.
- Little Havana police station on Little Havana.
- Downtown police station in Downtown.
The Vice City Police Department is headquartered in Washington Beach. It is the only accessible police station in Vice City. The main entrance allows visitors but within the headquarters are restricted to only police. If the player attempts to go past the main entrance, they will gain a two-star wanted level. However, the player can wear a cop uniform to access the whole interior without being wanted.
In GTA San Andreas, there is a total of seven police stations under the command of the San Andreas Police Department. Three are situated in major cities, while the remaining four are located in rural areas of San Andreas.
- Los Santos police headquarters in Pershing Square, Los Santos.
- Dillimore police department in Dillimore, Red County.
- Angel Pine sheriff's office in Angel Pine, Whetstone.
- San Fierro police headquarters in Downtown San Fierro.
- El Quebrados sheriff's office in El Quebrados, Tierra Robada.
- Fort Carson sheriff's office in Fort Carson, Bone County.
- Las Venturas police headquarters in Roca Escalante, Las Venturas.
The Los Santos Police Headquarters, the Dillimore station, and the Las Venturas Police Headquarters are the only stations accessible to the player. Access to the station is unrestricted, but if the player draws a firearm, they immediately gain a two-star wanted level. Of an interesting note, the Dillimore station is exactly the same as the LSPD headquarters, but with different officers.
- In the police stations with underground garages, pretty much any given vehicle can spawn there, including aircraft and boats.
GTA IV era
The Liberty City Police Department is large and organized, possessing 16 police stations throughout Liberty City.
- Alderney, although independent from Liberty City, it shares their police force, the only difference being the uniform.