Salvatore Leone telling Toni Cipriani that he is expecting a shipment at Portland Harbor.
|Game||GTA Liberty City Stories|
|Target||Obtain the drug shipment from Portland Harbor.|
|Location||Saint Mark's, Portland, Liberty City|
Death of Toni Cipriani|
Arrest of Toni Cipriani
Abandoning the Patriot
Destruction of the Patriot
|Unlocks||Salvatore's Salvation (after completing Blow Up 'Dolls', No Son of Mine, and Overdose of Trouble)|
Toni drops by Salvatore's home, walking in during an argument between Salvatore and Maria. Salvatore, whilst continuing to argue with Maria, informs Toni of a drug shipment that's about to come in to Liberty City. Salvatore asks Toni to drop by and make sure the drop goes off okay.
Toni takes three Leone Family members with him to Portland Harbor, where it is revealed the drug dealers are Colombian Cartel members, with Miguel among the group. Just before the trade, however, the Liberty City Police Department and FBI ambush the deal, and Toni insults Miguel for setting him up, later receiving a 3-star wanted level in the process.
After gunning down the Cartel dealers, including Miguel who actually survived, Toni takes the Cartel's pink Patriot full of drugs and must lose the police. Thereafter, Toni takes the Patriot to one of Salvatore's lock-ups in Saint Mark's, completing the mission.
The reward for completing the mission is $1,000. Provided the player has passed Blow Up 'Dolls', No Son of Mine, and Overdose of Trouble, completion of Contra-Banned should unlock Salvatore's Salvation for Joseph Daniel O'Toole.
Post-mission phone call
Joseph Daniel O'Toole: Hey Toni! It's JD. I hear it all over: you're headed for big things. I just hope you don't go forgetting about your old pal JD when you get to the top. Right? Hey, drop by some time okay buddy.
- The name of this mission is a clear reference to contraband, any goods which are illicit or illegal to possess.
- The drugs in this mission are the contraband that the player must store in Salvatore's lockup.
- If the player leaves Portland Harbor without the Cartel's drug-loaded Patriot, the player will eventually fail the mission as the drugs have been "seized" by the police.
- The mission is one of two in the game where the player can acquire an FBI Cruiser, when it appears alongside conventional police cars during the raid. However, in order to store it in their Portland Safehouse garage, the player must leave the harbor, thereby failing the mission.
- The Cartel's Patriot comes in a unique pink color. To obtain it, Miguel has to be killed, or else, the Patriot will remain locked. After killing Miguel, the player must destroy the Patriot by either submerging it into the water, deep enough so that it can be driven out, or destroying it in the Portland Safehouse garage.
- Despite being a main antagonist in Grand Theft Auto III, Miguel is seemingly killed in this mission, set three years prior. It can assumed that he managed to survive somehow, however.
|PS2 Version - GTASeriesVideos|