Kakagawa is a company that appears in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and Grand Theft Auto IV. In one of the trailers for GTA IV, the Kakagawa logo appears on a computer monitor in Roman's taxi firm as well as verious printers and hand dryers. The logo also appears on shipping containers across Liberty City. The headquarters for Kakagawa are located on Myung, Alderney City, Alderney, near the Auto Eroticar dealership, and they also have a large warehouse in LVA Freight Depot, Las Venturas, San Andreas.
At TW@ internet cafes and various Vehicle Dealerships, the photocopier behind the cashier's desk is a Kakagawa Power Ultra 3000 Pro. The screen of the photocopier also has an Easter egg as the screen reads: ERROR Unleash ninja guru lol.
There are a few different possible origins for the company's name:
- The name may have been derived from the Japanese city of Kakegawa, where there is a factory that makes glass for televisions.
- As "kaka" may have been derived from "cack", i.e. "shit", and as "gawa" means "river" in Japanese, the name may be a play on the phrase "shit creek".
- In the Filipino language "kakagawa" translates to "just made" in English.
- GTA III Era
- Unknown Electronic Products
- GTA IV Era
- Kakagawa TV (GTA IV)
- Kakagawa Computer (GTA IV)
- Kakagawa Hand Dryer (GTA IV)
- Kakagawa Power Ultra 3000 Photocopier (GTA IV)