| name = Patriot
| front_image = Patriot-GTA3-front.jpg
| image_size = 300
| caption = A Patriot in GTA III
| rear_image = Patriot-GTA3-rear.jpg
| manufacturer = [[Mammoth]] (GTA IV)
| vehicle_type = Military/civilian [[:Category:SUVs|4WD truck]]
| body_style = 4-door crew cab
| capacity = 4
| appearances = [[Grand Theft Auto III|GTA III]]
[[Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|GTA Vice City]]
[[Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|GTA San Andreas]]
[[Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories|GTA Liberty City Stories]]
[[Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories|GTA Vice City Stories]]
[[Grand Theft Auto IV|GTA IV]]
[[Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars|GTA CW]]
The '''Patriot''' is an off-road vehicle in the Grand Theft Auto franchise, meant to parody Hummer.
== Design ==
In general, the Patriot is depicted as a large SUV, employed by both the military and civilians. The Patriot resembles an AM General [[wp:HMMWV|HMMWV]] (GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA VCS), a [[wp:Hummer H1|Hummer H1]] (GTA III, GTA LCS) and a [[wp:Hummer H2|Hummer H2]] (GTA IV).
=== GTA III — GTA Vice City Stories ===
In GTA III and Liberty City Stories, it is popular as a civilian SUV, often found in [[Portland Island]] and [[Staunton Island]]. In GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City Stories, however, the vehicle is reserved for military use, reflecting the adoption of the HMMWV at the time and the civilian Hummer having yet to gain the popularity that it would in later years. These military Patriots come with four different bed configurations.
The design of the Patriot undergoes only minor cosmetic changes for most of the GTA III era. The GTA San Andreas rendition, however, features significant modifications on the body which present the Patriot as a more rugged, off-road vehicle. This Patriot features a shortened truck bed, slanting A and C [[wp:Pillar (car)|pillars]], a [[wp:vehicle snorkel|vehicle snorkel]] (which unfortunately does not allow the truck to wade in water) and redesigned front and rear fascia.
The military variants of the Patriot are exclusively painted military green in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, and beige in GTA San Andreas; the GTA Vice City Stories variant also features a five-pointed star on the hood lid, denoting its association with the United States' armed forces.
[[Beta Releases#Grand Theft Auto III|During development]], the Patriot in GTA III was previously known as the "Hum Vee", after the HMMWV's "Humvee" nickname. The Hum Vee differs from the Patriot in its particularly low ground clearance, and in the front of the vehicle being more similar to the real-life Humvee's.
HumVee-GTA3-front.jpg|The "Hum Vee", an earlier rendition of the Patriot in GTA III prior to the game's release.
Patriot-GTA3-front.jpg|[[Grand Theft Auto III|GTA III]] rendition with a bed cover ([[:Image:Patriot-GTAVC-rear.jpg|Rear quarter view, with a roll bar]]).
Patriot-GTAVC-front.jpg|[[Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|GTA Vice City]] rendition with a heightened bed cover ([[:Image:Patriot-GTAVC-rear.jpg|Rear quarter view, with step bars below the doors]]).
Patriot-GTASA-front.jpg|[[Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|GTA San Andreas]] rendition ([[:Image:Patriot-GTASA-rear.jpg|Rear quarter view]]).
Patriot-GTALCS-front.jpg|[[Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories|GTA Liberty City Stories]] rendition ([[:Image:Patriot-GTALCS-rear.jpg|Rear quarter view; black with bronze trims]]).
Patriot-GTAVCS-front.jpg|[[Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories|GTA Vice City Stories]] rendition ([[:Image:Patriot-GTAVCS-rear.jpg|Rear quarter view, with step bars below the doors]]).
=== GTA IV — GTA Chinatown Wars===
In GTA IV, the Patriot, adopting the [[Mammoth]] brand, is based on the GMT800 2003-present Hummer H2 with minor alterations such as the taillights; the grille design is similar to that of a 1987-1990 Dodge Caravan. Most Patriots can be seen with an American flag vinyl decal on the side. The Patriot's engine sounds much like the Ford Mustang GT from the ''[[wp:Need for Speed|Need for Speed]]'' games.
In GTA Chinatown Wars, the Patriot is depicted with a two-door, pickup truck-like body style, similar to a 2-door [[wp:Hummer H1|Hummer H1]] pickup truck, complete with a permanent canvas covering over its extended bed, while retaining its oversized and angular design. This marks the first time in the series the Patriot is depicted in this form.
Patriot-GTA4-front.jpg|The civilian Patriot in [[Grand Theft Auto IV|GTA IV]] ([[:Image:Patriot-GTA4-rear.jpg|Rear quarter view, with patriotic vinyls]]).
Patriot-GTACW.png|A Patriot in [[Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars]].
=== GTA III — GTA Vice City Stories ===
The GTA III era Patriot has medium top speed, due to its heavy weight. It is very durable, and has outstanding off-road capabilities, mainly because of high ground clearance, unusual width, and suspension. It can climb very steep gradients due to its low gear boost, and does not roll, due to the low center of gravity. Because it has a low gear boost, its engine sounds big, and it is average speed for a large, heavy SUV, it wouldn't be a bad idea to assume that the Patriot has a turbocharged V8.
=== GTA IV — GTA Chinatown Wars===
The GTA IV rendition is similar but has some changes. It is ridiculously heavy for an SUV, and as a result cannot go particularly fast, limiting its usefulness in high speed chases. Its engine seems to struggle to pull the weight, but is not easily stalled by crashes. The Patriot can practically drive over most small objects including cars to fences. The Patriot is also top heavy, and has a propensity to roll over in extreme turns. However, it is extremely durable as a result, able to soak up [[Weapons in GTA IV|bullets]] and crashes and keep going. Its suspension is incredibly soft, causing immense body roll and roll oversteer even on slight turns. The Patriot lacks in the ability to turn well, due to its small turning circle, and as a result has to be slowed down to go round any sort of bend.
The off-road performance of GTA IV's Patriot is, as expected, excellent, with high ground clearance, good approach and departure angles, and the engine has enough power to pull the car up steep sandy hills without trouble. The Patriot is also very much capable of literally running over smaller vehicles, which makes it an excellent choice when being chased by small police cruisers. Like many heavy duty trucks, its engine lid is hinged to the front, and will not fly off if an impact dislodges it.
Due to its weight, durability and speed, the Patriot, much like the Patriot in GTA IV, can plough through most traffic quite easily, even flipping smaller cars, SUVs, small trucks, and other Patriots.
== Variants ==
For GTA III, a bulletproof variant of the Patriot way be obtained after successfully driving [[Ray Machowski]] to safety during "[[Marked Man]]". Besides being impervious to bullets, the truck is otherwise similar in every way to a conventional Patriot.
In GTA Liberty City Stories, two uniquely colored Patriots appear in two separate missions. One appears in "[[A Volatile Situation]]" with a unique dark brown color, while another appearing during "[[False Idols]]" is yellow.
In GTA IV, various variants of the Patriot exist:
* A modified and improved police version of GTA IV's Patriot, known as the [[NOOSE Patriot]], is used by [[NOOSE]]; The NOOSE Patriot has superior speed and handling to the regular model and can tip over most vehicles — even [[ambulance]]s — when ramming them from the side.
* Another variant of the Patriot is usually found featuring a black body color, roof lights, a bull bar and elongated side exhaust pipes is commonly found in [[M.O.B.]] and [[North Holland Hustlers]] territory (see [[#Locations]]). The difference between the two is simply the vinyls-Stevie's requested Patriot has the patriotic decals, Playboy X's Patriot does not.
* [[Playboy X]] owns an (otherwise ordinary) Patriot with a distinctive yellow paintjob; a yellow Patriot is also requested as one of [[Stevie's Car Thefts|Stevie's car thefts]] (see [[#Locations]] for instructions on how to obtain the yellow Patriots).
* Requested backup from [[Dwayne Forge]] in the form of two [[North Holland Hustlers]] members (available when the player's [[Friendships in GTA IV|friendship]] with Dwayne is sufficiently high) may occasionally arrive in a uniquely red Patriot (besides a [[PMP 600]] or [[Presidente]] of the same color).
In GTA Chinatown Wars, a dark gray bulletproof variant of the Patriot is only available from the [[Auto Merchant]] in [[BOABO]], unlocked only via the Peking Duck Hunt game at the [[Rockstar Games Social Club]].
Patriot-GTA4-modified-front.jpg|The modified variant of GTA IV's Patriot, with additional accessories alongside the optional patriotic paintwork.
Patriot-GTA4-PlayboyX-front.jpg|[[Playboy X]]'s yellow Patriot, GTA IV, with Playboy X and [[Niko Bellic]] as occupants.
Patriot-GTA4-Stevie-front.jpg|The similarly yellow Patriot [[Stevie's Car Thefts|requested by Stevie]], GTA IV.
Patriot-GTA4-Dwayne'sbackup-front.jpg|A red Patriot which the player's backup from [[Dwayne Forge]] may arrive in. Two members of the backup and the player are pictured as occupants.
Patriot-GTACW-bulletproof.png|The [[Auto Merchant]]-exclusive bulletproof Patriot with its distinctive dark gray color, GTA Chinatown Wars.
[[Image:Patriot-GTACW-papercraft.jpg|275px|thumb|right|A rendering of the papercraft Patriot from the GTA Chinatown Wars section of the [[Rockstar Games Social Club]].]]
* Earlier renditions of the Patriot are featured in [[w:c:manhunt:Manhunt 2|Manhunt 2]], during an opening scene of "[[w:c:manhunt:Most Wanted|Most Wanted]]", as transport for [[w:c:manhunt:The Bloodhounds|The Bloodhounds]] (''see [[w:c:manhunt:Patriot|Patriot]]).
* In GTA IV, the two default radio stations in the Patriot are [[The Beat 102.7]] and [[The Classics 104.1]].
* If Niko calls [[Dwayne Forge|Dwayne]] for backup, members of the [[North Holland Hustlers]] will come in a unique red Patriot (unless they arrive in a [[Presidente]] or a [[PMP 600]] of the same color.
* Under the "[[Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars|Chinatown Wars]]" section of the [[Rockstar Games Social Club]] website, members may download a printable papercraft model of a Patriot. The vehicle's design is more alike that of GTA IV than GTA Chinatown Wars.
* The Patriot in GTA Vice City Stories cannot be repaired at a [[Pay n' Spray]].
* In [[GTA San Andreas]], the player can access the [[K.A.C.C.|K.A.C.C. Military Aviation Fuel Depot]] via ground if he/she approaches the gate with a Patriot (this also works with the [[Barracks OL]]).
*[[Playboy X]] owns a unique yellow Patriot.
*[[Dwayne Forge]]'s backup if requested.
*[[Phil Cassidy]] owns a green Patriot
* [[Supa Save!]], [[Portland View]], Portland Island (Starts [[Patriot Playground]] side mission)
* Shoreside Park, [[Shoreside Vale]] (accessed from [[Wichita Gardens]]). Starts [[Gripped!]] side mission.
* Claude is given a bulletproof Patriot after finishing [[Ray Machowski|Ray Machowski's]] missions.
* Patriots can randomly spawn in the [[Newport Multistory Car Park]]
;GTA Vice City
* Inside [[Phil Cassidy]]'s hideout, [[Little Haiti]]
* Inside [[Fort Baxter Air Base]]
* Inside the [[InterGlobal Films|film studio]], [[Prawn Island]]
;GTA San Andreas
* [[Easter Bay Chemicals]], [[Flint County]] only during [[Exports and Imports]] mission (first list)
* Importable from the [[Easter Basin]] docks inn [[San Fierro]] after first list completion for $32,000 on Saturday
* At the end of the dock next to the carrier at the [[Easter Basin Naval Station]]
* On the airstrip of [[Area 69]] in [[Bone County]], near the gate
* Spawns in the parking lot of the hospital in [[Las Venturas]], but only in the mission [[Intensive Care]]
;GTA Liberty City Stories
* In an alleyway just south of [[Ammu-Nation]], [[Staunton Island]].
;GTA Vice City Stories
*Two parked inside the [[Fort Baxter Air Base]], which can be accessed before completing [[Conduct Unbecoming]], or risk by jumping over the side cabin to re-enter the base after that mission, or after completing the storyline while wearing the [[Army Fatigues]].
* [[Star Junction]], [[Algonquin]] (not a specific location but always seems to be one driving around).
* Sometimes found parked around the side of the [[Highways|street]] in [[Broker]] or [[Dukes]].
* Black gang variants of the Patriots, along with regular Patriots, commonly spawn in [[North Holland]], [[Algonquin]], [[Firefly Projects]], [[Broker]] and [[Acter]], [[Alderney]].
* During the mission [[Deconstruction for Beginners]], if you don't park in the [[safehouse]] parking spot at [[Playboy X's Penthouse]] in [[Northwood]] before you start the mission, there will be a unique yellow Patriot in the spot when you come back outside after the [[cutscene]]. You can drive it to any [[Safehouses in GTA IV|safehouse]] to save it or pull it out of the spot and then back into it to save it there even though you don't have a safehouse there at this point in the game. The player can also retain control of the Patriot during the course of the rest of the mission, so long it is the vehicle the player enters the latest; otherwise, it is likely to disappear.
* Found in [[Castle Gardens]] for [[Stevie's Car Thefts]]. This Patriot has a unique "Taxi-cab" yellow, the same color as [[Playboy X]]'s Patriot, however with an American flag vinyl.
;GTA Chinatown Wars
* Available for purchase at the [[BOABO]] [[Auto Merchant]] after completing "[[The Wheelman]]".
* A black "Bulletproof Patriot" is available for purchase at the BOABO Auto Merchant after completing the "Peking Duck Hunt" on the [[Rockstar Games Social Club]].
* Can be found in a fenced-off warehouse area at the southern end of Francis International Airport next to the [[Rhino]] which activates the side mission [[Fast Tracks]].
[[Category:Vehicles in GTA III]]
[[Category:Vehicles in GTA Vice City]]
[[Category:Vehicles in GTA San Andreas]]
[[Category:Vehicles in GTA Liberty City Stories]]
[[Category:Vehicles in GTA Vice City Stories]]
[[Category:Vehicles in GTA IV]]
[[Category:Vehicles in GTA Chinatown Wars]]