| This talk page is for discussing the Bully article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
- The reason Bully has its own article is that there is some connection between the two games, most notably the possible appearance of Jimmy Hopkins in GTA IV. There are also articles for Manhunt (through similar reasons) and Manhunt 2. We also link to the Bully Wiki for all the links to characters or places, so we are not really duplicating content. A-Dust 14:07, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
- We only have one page about the game, so that we can easily link to this page from anywhere in the wiki. But we don't have (or want) any more content about it. On this page we would put everything relevant about Bully to GTA. It's like us having a page for the PC platform - we don't have loads of information about PCs, but we just say what it is, and have some relevant information (such as which GTA games are on PC). We also use it to put a bit of background to Rockstar Games, but there is probably a lot more information on Bully than we need. I don't think it's a problem though? Gboyers talk 18:49, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
- No there's no problem ,I just wanted to make sure if there was really any use of this page in GTW.-User:BloodyGTA
- Well once again there is the Jimmy Hopkins page in which we don't need this page.-User:BloodyGTA
Bully was a GTA spinoff, and there were some crossovers between the two, so yes. We should keep the Bully related stuff. HuangLee 00:54, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
There is a reference to Bully in GTA LCS too. Carlosvc92
The Bully page should stay. Bully is in the same fictional universe as the GTA series as will as the Manhunt series. Jill Von Grashingbure (celeberity on GTA 4) went to that school. Four veichles from the GTA series appear in the game (Stallion, Regina, Fortlift, Yankee). References to the Manhunt series are stuff like poster of a pig saying "piggy" could be a reference to Piggsy and a Hoods animation in one of the bathrooms in the main building. -BULLY'S BIGGEST FAN (From Bully Wikia)
Agree entirely. The page should stay. MAINEiac4434 01:40, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
OK, because the general consensus seems to be that the page should stay, I've removed the delete tag. MAINEiac4434 16:45, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
GTA IV Era
"This game takes place in the same universe as the Grand Theft Auto IV era games."
Are you really sure??
Therre is a channel in nikos safehouses which shows a celeberity going to bullworth acedamy
- So? By your logic, you're also saying that GTA: San Andreas is in the GTA IV Era because there is footage from the game (like the racing cars and CJ jumping with a parachute) in GTA IV's television shows and commercials. -- Master Sima Yi 16:20, July 3, 2010 (UTC)
hahahaha are u kidding this is a GTA wikia post this shit somewhere else
But it takes place in the GTA universe. Which is why we have articles on Manhunt. Carcer City has proven to be near Liberty City, if you listen to a certain GTA III radio station's news update. Bully takes place in the GTA universe, too, because a young celebrity who lives in Liberty City attended Bullworth Academy.
No. But I do think it takes place in the Grand Theft Auto world.HoboHunter28 22:52, July 14, 2010 (UTC)
HoboHunter28, the above thread clearly states why we should keep the page. It's a GTA spinoff. Bullworth is in the world (GTA III era world at least). We have a Manhunt page, too, because Carcer City is in the GTA world as well.
Again, I'm removing the delete tag. MAINEiac4434 15:22, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
The date Bully took place
I just removed references to the game having taken place in 2006-07. The developers did not cite a year that the game took place, and they explained that this was done to make sure that the game had a "timeless" feel to it. Here is a link to the interview .
Over on Bully Wiki, a wikia-hosted wiki which I won't link directly to out of respect, we discussed whether the date the game took place could be determined. It can't.
- The most recent date that anyone was able to locate in the game was 2002, which was found on one of the high scores of the arcade games in the game.
- On the official website, there's a bit of graffiti reading "Jimmy 10/26/06". This was the date that the game was released, and not really something that can be said to be proof that the game took place in 2006. Even if the website is held as completely canon, which it isn't (see below), that date only proves that Jimmy was in school at the time. He could have started as early as 2002.
- Bully's website is notoriously inaccurate compared to the game. I don't know whether the game and website were developed by different people or what, but there are numerous mistakes with character names on the website, as well as some beta stuff that was never updated.
- I hate to but a damper on your discussion topic, but this is old news and I'm sorry to say that you're wrong. A lot of people are already aware that the story takes place between '06 and '07 and not in the 90's. I'll explain why.
- The arcade machines; Just because the arcade machines were built earlier, doesn't mean the game takes place when they were built, it just means they've been at the school since then.
- Calanders; there are calanders in-game that reveal the current date, one is set to September of 2005 and another is set at 2007. This isn't strange seeing as the game takes place over a year anyway.
- Two very modern computers are found in the basement of the Dragon Wing Comic store, definitly not old computers.
- The school itself tries to hold onto nostalgic features such as the main foundation, and some old school computers in the Library.
- The website states it is Fall of 2006 which conisides with that fact that by the time you unlock the Jock Clubhouse (and Chapter 4), Christmas (and New Years) will have passed, bringing the game into winter, spring, and "endless" summer of 2007. The Jock House is where the 2007 reference can be found.
- And you can't trust a wikia opporated wiki, they have too many kids editing on there that have no idea what they're doing or talking about. I assume I'll be getting a lengthy rebuttle soon because... why would it be left at that? Grand Theft AJ (talk) 16:58, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
- You know, AJ, I allotted you several days to provide evidence of your claims. In the mean time I investigated myself, since, although I've personally been wrong before, I found it highly unlikely that in the five years I've run Bully Wiki that not a single person would come forward there with the claims about dates on calendars and in the Jocks Clubhouse. Yes, we discussed the date on the website, which, as I explained, is not proof that the game took place in 06/07.
- The calendars I found all looked the same, and they were all deliberately rendered too blurry to read. And the most recent date provided in the Jocks' Clubhouse was 1997 rather than 2007 - it was on a banner listing the years in which Bullworth won pennants at baseball. Perhaps you were just confused by the 7 at the end of the number?
- None of the rest of your evidence provides any proof of an actual date. Flatscreen monitors, since you mentioned them, didn't become commonplace until a few years ago, but they were invented in the 1960s. So, unless it turns out that that flatscreen monitor had a date written on it somewhere I'm afraid it doesn't prove anything.