Talk:Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
| This talk page is for discussing the Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
Do we know which version of Liberty City will be used for the game? A-Dust 20:27, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- We don't know much more than the press release. It will be set in modern-day Liberty City, which could mean the GTA IV rendition, or it could be a completely new rendition. It is unlikely to be the GTA III era rendition, since that saga has been laid to rest now. We can't really assume yet. Gboyers talk 20:43, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
What era/generation would this be in??Andrew22k 13:06, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
- As said above and in the press release, modern day Liberty City. We only know so much. The only official information we have is from the press release. The press release only mentioned the basics of the game (game title, system, etc). Check out the press release yourself. --NotYouHaha! 14:29, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
- "Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is an entirely original entry into the critically acclaimed Grand Theft Auto series" MoNK 15:27, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
By reading what we have, I say it's in the chinatown of a new Liberty City, the triads are used in GTA III so it wouldn't be that of IV. I don't think it will be part of any era, (III or IV) and no storylines involving the main games, I think it will be like its own era. just my ideas. Biggest gta fan ever 08:19, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
Yes but those are opinions and not fact and Triads are in GTA IV. CW uses GTA IV locations and Characters from the police databases. Olivercooke
The release date will be 17th March and 20th March for USA and Europe respectively. Can't find a way to edit the infobox though >_<. Could someone add that in? Source is the GTA RSS feed...C-d-rom 17:50, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- The infobox isn't actually on the page, it's trancluded. The editible version is at Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars/infobox. I will edit it for you this time though. Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 09:38, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
Do we know what the situation is regarding age ratings for this game? It's been released that in the UK it'll be an 18 with no censorship. Also, should this go in the article proper of the infobox?... C-d-rom 17:30, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
This article states that the game is non-canon to the GTA IV era. There's nothing to support this other than the slight differences in the city. Unless Rockstar stated this, it should be removed. Tornmuscle 19:39, May 12, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree, there is no evidence so support that this game is non-canon.
- The game is very shit, the city is too different, it is unrealistic, shit story. Lets face it, Rockstar are not going to include CW in the era if GTA V follows GTA IV and those events. Basically, the sheer fact that it will be ignored in future games and didnt involve Rockstar North makes it non-canon. Why do people want this to be canon, it's crap!! User:NT92
- So, you say it's non-canon just because you don't like it? Real mature. Firstly, changes in city design were down to hardware limitations. Secondly, Rockstar Leeds, who were mostly responsible for GTA CW (although with a lot of help from Rockstar North; why do you think their name appears in the credit for things like writing?) also made GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories, which would appear to be recognised as canon (eCola, a company seen advertised a lot in GTA IV, first originated in VCS). Thirdly, how do you know it won't be mentioned in later games? It was already foreshadowed in GTA IV, as all of the main characters appear on the LCPD Database. And finally, I'll have you know I f*cking love this game, as do most people who have played it and who don't get a boner over third-person view. Bluesboyjr 21:58, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
The game was not foreshadowed in GTA IV. Huang Lee was just a name on the database thing that Rockstar Leeds took and created a shit story around. It was never intended to become another game. Rockstar North are only credited to recieve profits for it, they actually wrote the stories of LCS and VCS. It is really shit anyway, i cannot believe Rockstar made GTA IV then...this shit. It brings shame on GTA IV and Rockstar.
But it is non-canon. How can something like that be canon. Think about it.
It is a good game though. I believe it is a good game and it is FACT that is is canon. Just cause you donn't like it, doesn't mean it is not canon. Are you even old enough to understand what canon means? Olivercooke 22:36, July 28 2010 (UTC)
- I was thinking that. Once again, NT, all your opinion. Why do you think writing is under the North section of the credits? Why do characters who don't tie in to GTA IV, like Lester Leroc and Rudy D'Avanzo appear in the database as well? If it's so shit, how come it's the highest rated DS game of all time? Bluesboyjr 22:15, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Of course i know what it means. Chinatown Wars is in everyway non-canon, so it never happened in the GTA IV era. - NT92
- :You're not answering our points, you're just repeating the same thing. Bluesboyjr 22:22, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
- When Rockstar North put those names in GTA IV, they never planned for Chinatown Wars, they just looked at those names to make a shit game involving those names and the history it had written for it.
- Then why put them in in the first place? Rudy and Lester weren't mentioned anywhere else in the game. Bluesboyjr 22:25, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
Why put any of the names there? They were put on there for effect, to make it as though those criminals existed. There was never a story planned for them. If that in-game internet was never put on there, Chinatown Wars would not have included a guy called Huang Lee, infact it probably wouldn't even be called Chinatown Wars. Huang Lee is just a name Rockstar thought of just for the database. Rockstar Leeds just took the name.
- Then why are the GTA Chinatown Wars characters pretty much the only ones on the database who don't appear in GTA IV? Why do they all lock together so well? Why haven't you answered my points about it being the highest rating DS game of all time (contrary to your accusations of shittyness), and how Rockstar North is credited for writing, and how it is down to Rockstar to decide what is canon, not your misguided opinion? I'm off to bed - hopefully Mr Oliver or another kind soul will talk you to your senses, or I'll have a lot of mess to clean up in the morning... Bluesboyjr 22:37, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks B, Listen Mr NT92, just accept that CW is canon and leave the page alone. do you understand? Olivercooke
- No, Chinatown Wars is non-canon face it, Do you understand?
- I understand you are an immature piece of shit who likes to shove his beliefs on a factual wiki. just please leave GTA CW page alone.
- Lol im shaking. U are a peice of shit, I will continue to write tat CW is non-canon case its true.
- How old are you, 5. Now I know i'm not an admin or anything but I know my GTA Facts and I know GTA CW is part of the GTA Canon. Listen mate, I just want to be able to go on a wiki with correct information and you are vandalising it.
- U know ur facts? yeah so do i 10x more than u probably. I am not vandalising the wiki, infact i have made some proper contributions to certain pages.BTW I am 18 and we are not mates.
- I'm 12 believe it or not and I just wan't to be alble to read a Wiki page that has no false information. I will mention this to an admin if you carry on
- U are 12. haha u shouldn't even be playing GTA. Report to an admin for what? Vandalism is swearing and the like. Anyway i dnt want to argue with a child, this is over.
- Do you accept that CW is canon? And BTW I was fucking with you. Talk closed.
- Chinatown Wars is completely non-canon. In the manual for Episodes From Liberty City, it says that Liberty City is over, Next Stop. It was never included in the GTA IV Era, Huang Lee is not part of the Impossible Trinity, the trinity is the bridge that connects GTA IV and it's episodes, making it one. It is non-canon and will be ignored if the GTA IV era continues with V. Kind of like how GTA: Advance was completely non-canon to the GTA III Era.
- I don't know much about GTA CW, but I'd like to correct you; GTA Advance is canon with the GTA III Era. How do you think 8-Ball got those wounds and burns on his arms? See Love of Money. Besides, 8-Ball and Asuka Kasen are present in GTA A, and both are so in GTA III. Masterpogihaha 11:31, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Whatever. Get over it guys: Till Rockstar says it officially there is no way to be sure that this is game is canon or non-canon. So, why not just consider it 2 different stories (The CW story and the GTA IV/Episodes from LC story) that occur in the same universe? (Henriquedematos 03:30, August 30, 2010 (UTC))
- That's what I was thinking. The two stories do not intertwine or overlap, so there's nothing stopping them from sharing a universe. Bluesboyjr 12:00, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
Except for the fact that GTA IV and it's episodes were all planned, as one big story for Liberty City. CW is not. But anyway, like that guy said, U can't say it is canon, and I cant say it isnt, because we don't know. I do think that if Rockstar carry on the story into GTA IV, they will ignore CW because it doesn't fit in with the realistic stories that were created for GTA IV. NT92 21:37, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
Of course this games canon why would you says it's not? just because it's not part of the possible trinity? well neither were cj tommy and claude but we know there stories were canon in their own era. Why would anyone even suggest it was non-canonical? Just because you don't like it or because it's not realistic or ties in with the three gta 4 stories doesn't make it non-canon. THE GAME IS CANON!