| This talk page is for discussing the Hydra article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
I personally think it resembles a Harrier Jump Jet.
FREEMAN 19:03, 13 May 2007 (UTC)
thats because it does. (--GTAddict 14:14, 4 July 2009 (UTC))
Let's say you got 6 Wanted stars in SA. The two Hydras try to kill you, but you kill them. Do more come after you once they're destroyed? Montybrady 04:03, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, they spawn like police helicopters.--Spaceeinstein 04:14, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
- Like FLIES more like it, and there hard to swat down. They start coming at you on a four star wanted level if you in an aircraft. --Chimpso 04:16, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. BTW I fly Hydras, and I can swat them better than they can swat me lol. Montybrady 04:22, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
swatting them is easy. but other people may disagree.(--GTAddict 12:37, 19 July 2009 (UTC))
In all the times I've flown in a hydra jet, I've never been able to get the hover mode off. it's ruined my first impression of the hydra and hover mode is bullshit. also the last time I flown a hydra jet was back in 2007.
- You've never bothered to use the '8' ans '2' keys on the numpad? I can't believe that someone has not even bothered to look at the game's controls to figure out something like this. The Hydra is an amazing vehicle, hovering is harder than using a helicopter though. --Thescarydude 19:42, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
you gotta be kidding me man? the hydra in hover mode has got to be the slowest thing in existence, and because of the hydras shape, it often moves around and crashes into stuff and blows up during VTOL (vertical take off and landing). (--GTAddict 18:30, September 25, 2009 (UTC))
Helicopters are naturally more maneuverable and speedier than a Hydra on hover. The problem with the Hydra is that its flaps still function the same way as it would when you are in normal flight, meaning that its controls are too sensitive at hover that the plane can tilt far too much to sustain a certain height or travel at a speedy horizontal direction. The hover mode isn't tailored for long-distance travel, but rather take-off/landing and easier targeting and weapon discharge. - ZS 18:45, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
well I knew that. Im just saying, that when in hover mode, its REALLY hard to do vtol. (--GTAddict 06:45, September 26, 2009 (UTC))
It depends on how well you can execute the VTOL. Some people find it hard, but I for one find it INCREDIBLY easy. It depends on how long you've been playing the game and flying h (years in my case). Montybrady 01:49, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
The game says you can drop countermeasures, but I can seem to do it. I did it one, that was it. Is there a specific time to do so?--Allurade Dendra 00:45, September 13, 2009 (UTC)--Allurade Dendra 00:45, September 13, 2009 (UTC)
- You mean you can't do it? Sometimes you have to slow down a little, I don't really get why this is though.--Thescarydude 01:18, September 13, 2009 (UTC)
Neat Easter Egg I noticed
In case anyone was wondering, the numbers on the tail denote the year of build followed by serial number. The number shown on the example picture means that aircraft was built either in 2007 or 1907, one of which is unlikely and the other impossible with the year the game is supposed to be based.
- What? they're just numbers. If we had Harriers in 1907, wow, come WWI, we'd deal a big whoopin'. If a fire truck has 69 on it, it doesn't mean it was made in 1969 (just engine # 69).--Thescarydude 23:16, October 11, 2009 (UTC)
If correct, I think that counts as an oversight on the artists' parts. But don't forget this is a military aircraft, so the serial/numbering systems are different. Gboyers talk 00:57, October 12, 2009 (UTC)
That's the numbering system the military uses for identification. I'm actually not sure what the civilian sector uses. I imagine it is an oversight by the artists and not anything intentional, just thought I'd point it out.
I'm in the Air Force, that's how we number them, but after a two second Google search I came across this and suddenly feel very stupid. Apparently the Navy just counts their aircraft for their serial numbers.
I (personally) don't think this is the best. Shamals are very fast and have excellent handling, ATs are near Industructable and the StuntPlane has the best Handling. The Hydra hardly moves, it took me 4 minutes to get from the Fort Carson Safehouse to San Fierro Airport whereas in the Shamal it took 1 minute. :/. --Khan1998stevewhite 14:34, 9 January 2011 (UTC)
- Best in what? Speed? All jets in this game has an upper limit in speed. That means no jet can be faster than another, but acceleration can differ.-spaceeinstein 19:35, 9 January 2011 (UTC)
- But the Hydra goes really slow yet the Shamal goes fast :/ --Khan1998stevewhite 17:03, 10 January 2011 (UTC)