| This talk page is for discussing the Maria Latore article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
She dies in GTA III, she gets shot because she talks too much, Claude killed her. it isnt said that he shoots a warning shot to quiet her, it isnt even implied Qwerty4965324 19:56, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
- And neither does it say that he killed her and as there is no evidence that she is dead, we can not say for certain that she is dead. A-Dust 21:35, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Do you honestly think that Claude would risk his life, an pay 500 thousand dollars to save Maria, if he was just going to kill her for being annoying. I don't think so. It's implied that it was a warning shot, his way of telling her to shut up, because he doesn't talk. Grand Theft AJ 23:41, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
- It's also implied that he killed her. The fact that Maria is nowhere to be found when Claude returns to his apartment in Shoreside Vale also implies that he killed her. Kevin70 13:41, January 17, 2010 (UTC)
bruv i doubt he killed her maybe she moved back to her apartment in St Marks init
- I'll say it gain: Do you honestly think that Claude would risk his life, an pay 500 thousand dollars to save Maria, if he was just going to kill her for being annoying. I don't think so. It's implied that it was a warning shot, his way of telling her to shut up, because he doesn't talk. Grand Theft AJ 20:01, January 17, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, I do. It's also implied that he killed her. She annoyed him so it's possible that he blew her brains out. The fact that Maria is nowhere to be found when Claude returns to his apartment in Shoreside Vale also implies that he killed her. Kevin70 20:52, January 17, 2010 (UTC)
- It is possible that the shot was to kill her but it is also possible that the shot was to simply shut her up. Either way, there is no evidence in the game that she was killed and Rockstar Games themselves have refused to state the reason for the shot. There is no way to be sure either way and the article, in the Trivia section, reflects this. A-Dust 21:36, January 17, 2010 (UTC)
I know that. I'm just stating what I believe. I'm actually surprised that some people think that Maria didn't die. When I finished the game in 2002, I immediately thought that Claude killed her. Now that I think about it, I guess it is possible that he merely scared her. It's too bad that Rockstar doesn't want to end the mystery. Kevin70 21:52, January 17, 2010 (UTC)
- The reason for Maria not returning after the end is because she has no purpose, not because she could be dead. Until the fourth era of GTA introduced Friendship Activities, main characters didn't return because they had no reason to. Grand Theft AJ 00:13, January 18, 2010 (UTC)
Alright alright, I'm sorry. Kevin70 13:17, January 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, I was reading the Rockstar FAQ a few days ago when I read this about someone asking about Marias death, the answer was: A shot was fired, but nobody knows what really happend. I can't remember the link now, but I will search for it again. Chimpso 13:46, January 18, 2010 (UTC)
i really doubt if Claude gave the 500000 bucks only to save maria, i think he went there to kill catalina and take his revenge. i also doubt if maria returned to her apartment in saint marks, mainly because saint marks is leone territory and the leones would be kinda hostile to her after she betrayed salvatore. although i don't think claude killed her, most possibly he fired the gun to make her stop talkingDumbnigga94 12:28, February 14, 2010 (UTC)
Maria's very pretty in GTA III, more so than she is in GTA LCS...
Hmm, about this issue concerning Maria's fate. I highly doubt Claude actually killed her, after all the trouble he went through to rescue her. But here are some possibilities as to why he fired his gun:
- As stated by GTAJ above, he probably wanted her to stop talking, and he wouldn't put it into words because he doesn't talk.
- They ran into a Columbian that Claude didn't kill on his way in. Not likely, but still possible.
- Someone else fired the gun, possibly as an ambush that may or may not have killed Maria.
Assuming Claude did kill her, here could be some reasons why:
- For the first time, Maria stated that she loved him. Claude had a very bad track record with Catalina, and didn't want to take chances with anyone else.
- Claude just wanted to get back at Catalina, and Maria happened to be there. He remembered how Maria also betrayed her husband, Salvatore, and didn't want it to happen to him.
- Claude wanted to completely cut his ties with everyone he worked with. Donald Love went missing, Asuka and Kenji are dead, he is an enemy to the Leone family, and Ray Machowski has left Liberty City. It's unknown why, but maybe Claude just didn't want to kill for a living and end up in jail again. Silver Infernus 02:15, May 14, 2010 (UTC)
I think Claude killed Maria.Claude dosen't care about people.He will kill anyone with no hesitation. When Maria was talking Claude was probably like in his mind,"Will this idiot stop talking." Claude left the murder scene while cops were investigating it. Claude was the only one with a gun in his hand. It is very obvious. This website believes Maria probably got killed.
- As long as Rockstar has left it a mystery, we have to leave it one too. We can't just jump to conclusions. This is why the articel does not say that Maria died/survived. Chimpso (Talk) 02:16, July 7, 2010 (UTC)
Is it just me or does Maria Latore look a bit like Debi Mazar the Person who voices her in GTA III.Andrew nicholson 18:35, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=395358&view=findpost&p=1060781578 can anyone confirm if this is true? Rockstar also said this month that there was no gunshot, just a longer version of the script--RJX74 (talk) 05:12, 12 January 2012 (UTC)