| This talk page is for discussing the Shamal article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
More rewrite on appearances
The way the article explains the appearance of private jets since GTA III prematurally implies the Shamal name has been used since GTA III when these planes are only static props, as is the case in GTA:VC, GTA:LCS, GTA:VCS and GTA IV. Either we remove the mention of non-GTA:SA versions, or note that the planes are not proper "Shamals" because they are not controllable to begin with. - ZS 07:18, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- You can delete that section as the prop jets aren't named the Shamal at all.--Spaceeinstein 07:37, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'll get to that when I upload better screenshots of the plane. - ZS 07:48, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- Thought about separating it into a different section to distinguish it from the Shamal. Unless there is a proper place for this topic to go, it looks like it's fine to be mentioned as a separate vehicle here. - ZS 18:45, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
I added a new "Interior" section where the plane's interior is described more in-depth. Phoenix345 22:01, May 1, 2010 (UTC)
I think the reason why 7 sets of windows are shown in freefall when only 4 are seen on the outside is because 5 of them are closed normally this is because planes windows have flaps that can be pulled down. in freefall the flaps on all the windows are up so that's why it has 7 sets of windows. no gaming errors.Andrew nicholson 17:17, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Even with the window flaps down, the profile of the window portals should still be visible from the outside, unless the window flaps are installed outside, which makes no sense at all.
And it seems like you got the numbers wrong. 7 sets = 14 windows; 4 sets = 8 windows; so why only 5 windows instead of 6?- ZS 09:00, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Besides, shouldn't there be a 8 windows difference instead of 5? Because there are 16 windows inside as opposed to 8 windows outside. - ZS 09:08, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
My maths is not very good, the flaps are on the inside and I still believe some of them are closed. I just wanted to come up with a reason so the confusion about the windows would endAndrew nicholson 16:14, July 6, 2010 (UTC)