From Grand Theft Wiki
The Redeemer is a film in the HD Universe which was released in 1989. The film, a Dreyfuss Production, features Al Di Napoli as the lead character Drew Falcon. The film was directed by Jerry Calabrone and produced by Kim Harrolds.
Cast and crew
- Al Di Napoli as Drew Falcon
- Emma Loughlin
- James McGrath
- Paula Vincenzo
- Josh Schumacher
- Stephen Lisle
- Jerry Calabrone (director)
- Kim Harrolds (producer)
- Darren Irvine (screenplay)
- Pasquale Mazzer (story by)
- Luigi Peri (story by)
- Gary Wells (screenplay)
A gloriously cheesy action movie cult classic starring Al Di Napoli. Famed for its over-choreographed, homoerotic fight scenes and shameless promotion of right-wing values, "The Redeemer" doesn't waste any time on characetr of plot development - it jumps right in. When, for some unknown reason, an army of Arabs-disguised-as-aliens decides to begin their hostile takeover of American from a small Midwestern rural town, local track coach Drew Falcon has other ideas. Falcon's muscular, shirltess look might be inappropriate for his day at Narrowview High School but, when it comes to mowing down faceless terrorists, it fits the bill perfectly. Assisted by a cowardly deputy sheriff and the town drunk Lambert (who by a stroke of luck turns out to be an ex special forces operative), Falcon (who for reasons that aren't explained spent much of his childhood in Asia learning multiple martial arts) saves the US of A and wins back the love of his estranged wife by killing hundreds of ethnic stereotypes with an impractically over-sized gune without reloading once.
- hablonada (6/10): Why does Falcon wear camoflage face paint where none of the combat happens in the countryside?
- huggybear4 (8/10): This movie is still huge in the gay community.
- ubergordon (3/10): I bet nobody's jerked off to it more than Al Di Napoli though.
- flubmonkey (6/10): "This is turban warfare, motherfucker! Best line of the movie.
- beckybigguns (7/10): Only Falcon could round-house a cruise missile.
- gagorama73 (4/10): Di Napoli made a shitload of cash from this movie.
- gagorama73 (4/10): And spent is all on meth...