The Johnson House is a 2-story, lower-class home on Grove Street, Ganton, Los Santos, which is the home of the Johnson family. Where Beverly Johnson raised her four children (Carl, Sweet, Kendl and Brian) in the house. Carl was born in the Johnson House, and it is possible that her three other children were born in the house.
The house was the target of a drive-by shooting in early 1992, which cost Beverly her life (although the Ballas gang members were aiming for Sweet Johnson). Carl, who had returned from Liberty City, moves into the house after hearing the news of his mother death in 1992.
After the mission The Green Sabre The Johnson House becomes unoccupied while Carl is in the Badlands and Sweet is in prison, Grove Street and the house lie within Ballas gang territory. Although the house is not vandalized, a druggie does steal the family blender out of the kitchen. The home falls back into the hands of Carl and Sweet after they return to Los Santos. The house is the place of the last cut scene of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, where Carl and old friends talk about their old memories.
The Johnson house is much larger than many other homes in Ganton, and unlike most houses in the district, the house is two story. It has many modern essentials including a television, rug, couches, and a game console on which you can play They Crawled from Uranus. A Wardrobe is also available upstairs, across the from the bedroom. There is a garage located next to the house can store up to two vehicles but players are warned that they can disappear from this garage.
In The Johnson House there are many weapon pickups available.
- In the upstairs bedroom there is a camera, and following the Tagging Up Turf mission a spray paint also spawns there.
After spraying over all 100 Gang Tags in Los Santos, an:
Some other pickups to note on outside the Johnson House are:
- TEC 9 on-top of Sweet Johnson's House
- Pistol in the corner behind OG Loc's House
- Spray Can on-top of the shop behind The Johnson House
- Brass Knuckles underneath the overpass next to Ryder's House.
The Johnson House becomes an asset after the completion of the mission Doberman, where the Dollar icon will spawn outside the garage. After the mission Green Sabre, the House loses its asset status, although this is restored after completing Home Coming. The maximum amount of money The Johnson House asset will make is $10000.
- Although the garage door will not open for vehicles after two vehicles are stored in the garage, a third vehicle can be put into the garage by reversing the vehicle before the garage door, exiting and entering the vehicle quickly and then reversing into the garage while the garage is still open. But this is likely to make all of the vehicles in the garage disappear.