Los Santos in GTA V
| This article concerns a future game or content that is unreleased.
Some details may be speculative, and may not turn out to be correct.
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
Los Santos is a fictional city existing in the upcoming Grand Theft Auto V, based on the real-life city of Los Angeles, California. The city is portrayed in a contemporary time period, which is intended to be present-day around the date of the game's release, sometime in the spring of 2013.
Unusually, the entire map will be open to the player right from the start of the game, rather than being restricted to a small corner or island until reaching missions that open up access to other portions of the map. This is in keeping with GTA V's philosophy of letting the player do whatever he/she wants to do, rather than being forced to do certain things at a certain time in a certain way. Rockstar also felt the map was too large for the player to be restrained to a certain area.
Although sharing similar characteristics and landmarks as the city's appearance in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the physical layout is completely remade, not being a like-for-like copy of the city's previous map.
These are the few known areas and major freeways to exist in Los Santos in GTA V.
- Urban area
- Downtown (Downtown Los Angeles)
- Vinewood (Hollywood)
- Vinewood Hills (Hollywood Hills)
- Rockford Hills (Beverly Hills)
- Vespucci Beach (Venice Beach)
- Little Seoul (Koreatown)
- East Los Santos (East Los Angeles)
- South Los Santos (South Los Angeles)
- Vespucci Canals (Venice Canal Historic District)
- Countryside and Geographical features
- Los Santos Bay (South Bay)
- Blaine County - a deserted coastal region, modelled on California's Salton City
- Alamo Sea - a salty lake based on the Salton Sea area
- Zancudo River (San Gabriel River)
- Grapeseed - An agricultural area
- Los Santos Golf Club - A full 18-hole golf course
- Roads and infrastructure
- Del Perro "Pleasure" Pier (Santa Monica Pier)
- Del Perro Freeway (Interstate 2 & Route 23)
- Los Puerta Freeway(possibly based on Interstate 405)
- The real Interstate 5 will apparently run through a part of Los Santos as seen in the first trailer.
- Bay View Avenue (seen in second trailer)
- W. Elipse Blvd. (seen in second trailer)
A banner of Pleasure Pier with a drawing of a Pacific Park replica (0:09)
Griffith Observatory replica (0:10)
Equitable Life Building replica, possibly located in Little Seoul (0:17)
Vincent Thomas Bridge replica in the background (0:19)
Pacific Park replica (0:33)
Directional road sign on disrict named Little Seoul (0:32)
Standard Hotel replica (0:35)
801 Tower replica (0:41)
Capitol Records Building replica (0:48)
A star on a Hollywood Walk of Fame replica (0:49)
Figueroa Tower replica (0:58)
U.S. Bank Tower replica (1:01)
Los Angeles City Hall replica (1:11)
Hollywood Sign replica, the Vinewood Sign (1:09)
- Los Santos GI.jpg
Los Santos as seen in Gameinformer