Like in most computer games, it's bullets fly straight like a laser beam - real life variables like distance, wind, or target movement don't affect the bullet.
In GTA3 and SA, it is based off the Remington77. In VC there are 2 snipers. The "Normal Sniper" is the Remington77. There is the "Laser Sniper", the HK PGS1. Normal Sniper's scope is easier to use, However, the PGS1 sniper's Laser is more accurate, yet harder to actually aim due to lack of a Chrosshair.
- Belleville Park, Staunton Island - On top of the building south of the Belleville Park Fire Station behind the MSX FM sign (and next to the body armor icon) (use the angled edge of the Shoreside Lift Bridge Loop to jump to it).
- Newport, Staunton Island - Available to buy from Ammu-Nation after completion of Last Requests ($10,000).
- Cochrane Dam, Shoreside Vale - In the trees along the path to the base of the Cochrane Dam from the main entrance (near Cedar Grove).
- North Point Mall - Available to buy from Ammu-Nation after completion of Phnom Penh '86 ($1,500).
- Starfish Island - In the hedge maze at the west part of the Mansion.
- Viceport - On the ledge on the south side of the base of the south bridge housing at the west end of the South Bridge that connects Ocean Beach and Little Havana.
- Hepburn Heights, Portland Island - On top of the construction site roof.
- Torrington, Staunton Island - On top of the large star monument.
- Francis International Airport, Shoreside Vale - Underneath a small wooden ramp/bridge leading to Wichita Gardens.
- Cochrane Dam, Shoreside Vale - In the large tunnel entrance (tunnel leading to Cedar Grove).
- Behind a mansion in Starfish Island.
- Jefferson, Los Santos - On the roof of the County General Hospital
- Vinewood, Los Santos - On a deck with a ramp leading to it, inside a studio
- Mulholland, Los Santos - On a balcony of a house, near a body armor pickup
- In small house on top of hill between The Farm and Foster Valley
- Downtown, San Fierro - Atop a building beside Otto's Autos
- Doherty, San Fierro - In the exterior of the Doherty Garage after photographing all 50 Snapshots
- Julius Thruway North, Las Venturas - On the roof of a little chapel near the Las Venturas Police Headquarters
- The Clown's Pocket, Las Venturas - Somewhere on the Clown's Pocket Casino roof
- The Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas - On the lower roof of the casino
The Sniper Rifle can be purchased from the back-alley gun shops for $6,000 and each additional magazine will cost $800. The Sniper Rifle is not available from Little Jacob.
- East Hook - Can be found on a gantry crane at the docks where the Platypus is berthed, which is located on Mohanet Ave. Specifically, the gantry crane closest to the bow on the starboard side of the ship.
- Steinway - Can be found atop a ferry terminal-type structure in Gantry Park, located off Dukes Drive. From the leftmost portion of the docks, the rifle is located atop the second structure.
- Northwood - Can be found atop a crude oil refining tower at the intersection of Exeter Ave and Grummer Rd, near the water's edge.