Phnom Penh '86
|Phnom Penh '86|
Drug baron Ricardo Diaz introducing his old friend Quentin to his new hired gun Tommy Vercetti.
|Game||GTA Vice City|
|Target||Ricardo Diaz' money|
|Location||Starfish Island, Vice City|
Death of Tommy Vercetti|
Arrest of Tommy Vercetti
Destruction of the Maverick (This kills Tommy Vercetti as well)
Sir, Yes Sir!|
The Fastest Boat
Two Bit Hit (after completing Demolition Man)
Vice City Mainland access
5-star wanted level
|Unlocked by||The Chase|
Diaz is aggravated by some Sharks gangsters who tries to screw with him. He orders Tommy to go to Prawn Island and kill the gangsters. He wants Tommy to fly there, using the help of his associate, Lance Vance.
Tommy and Lance travel to Prawn Island via helicopter from the mansion. Once they arrive, Tommy uses the M60 to take on little groups of the gang on the roofs. Once Tommy has cleared enough of the gang, he'll have to run in on-foot and take out any remaining hoodlums inside. He fights his way through the gang house and walks up the stars. He then runs up to the roof, kills Diaz' betrayer, picks up the cash, and gets to be airlifted back to the mansion.
Post-mission phone call
Colonel Juan Cortez: Tommy, it's me, Colonel Cortez. Look señor, I believe you are a man who can get things done. So please help me. You can find me at the boat.
The reward for this mission is $2,000. The missions Sir, Yes Sir!, Two Bit Hit (if Demolition Man has been completed), and The Fastest Boat are unlocked. The player may now also access the Vice City Mainland. The player can also keep the M-60 from the mission. The Sniper Rifle is unlocked for purchase for the player at the North Point Mall Ammu-Nation store. The ability to obtain a 5-star wanted level is also unlocked.
- This mission may refer to the Vietnam war and Cambodia's capital Phnom Penh, since Mitch Baker was in the war and Tommy was jailed during it. Stronger evidence is that the player uses an M60 being fired from a helicopter (a strong reference to the UH-1 Huey), which was used in the Vietnam war and likely gave the mission its name.
- A worker, like ones seen in Riot, can be seen jumping off of the bridge that the helicopter flies under. The camera must be pointed behind the helicopter to see this.
- Lance's Maverick in the cutscene has sliding doors, much like an NPC-controlled VCPD Maverick, but outside this cutscene, the rear doors on helicopters swing open instead.
- When approaching Leaf Links, a Sparrow and a Sea Sparrow will fly by. They can be destroyed with no penalty.
- It is possible to shoot and kill the Thief before he shouts "You're on my turf, asshole!" which will cut the scene short or completely skip it if the player acts quickly enough.
- It is possible to enter the "Advanced weapons set" cheat code during the rail-shooting segment of the mission to change the M60 to a Minigun, making the mission easier.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos||iPad 2 Version - GTASeriesVideos||Mission with Minigun and Flamethrower - Crazy4Games|