(Rear quarter view)
Error creating thumbnail: File missing
A T20 in Grand Theft Auto V.
GTA V |
|Vehicle type||Civilian super car|
|Body style||2-door super car|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Manufacturer||Progen (HD Universe)|
Tell your liberal neighbors you bought the Progen for its 'fuel efficiency' and reduced 'carbon' emissions, when you really got it because they hooked an electric motor to a twin-turbocharged V8 engine just to give it extra juice. Like a toaster in a bathtub, this is a dangerous synthesis of technologies old and new. Be progressive in the only real sense of the word.
Official legendarymotorsport.net description, GTA V.
The overall design of the T20 is heavily based on the McLaren P1, including the curvature of the bonnet, the greenhouse area, side skirts, rear lights and fascia, and active rear wing. The car features a modification that adds a large intake on the hood, intakes on the roof, and splitters on the front and sides. A large carbon fiber element composites as a grille at the front of the car. The rear lights appear to be a combination of the McLaren P1, McLaren 570S, and to a limited extent, the Rimac Concept One. Unlike its primary inspiration, the T20 features two circular exhausts, like the Ferrari 458 Speciale. The stock wheels are reminiscent of the McLaren 650S. The sides appear to be inspired by P1 predecessor McLaren F1.
The hood resembles that of the Tushek 600, as well as the side intakes and front grille area. The headlight arrangement and positioning are both similar to that of the TS600S, while the headlights are designed after the Peugeot Onyx, Saleen S5S Raptor, and Falcon F7.
The car features scissor doors, which open in an extremely similar manner to those of the Lamborghini Aventador. This car is also the first vehicle in the entire Grand Theft Auto series to have a dynamic rear wing, automatically raising at around 10 mph (16 km/h), according to the interior's speedometer, and having different modes for driving, braking, and idling.
The T20 has impressive acceleration, with a 0-60 mph (0-100 km/h) time of 3 seconds, along with a high top speed of 220 mph (354 km/h), considerably faster than the real-life McLaren P1, which is electronically limited to 217 mph (350 km/h). The car's nippy handling allows for smooth lane-to-lane transition on highways, but is a threat in busy traffic, since the handling can sometimes become irresponsive. New to the series, a dynamic rear wing is fitted into the car, activating once speed is increased, and will fold back to reflect air resistance upwards, not only to prevent the car from being "springed" up and potentially losing control, but also helping the air flow smoothly above the car. When braking, the spoiler folds down to stop the car from jaunting forwards and potentially spinning out, as well as increasing the surface area hit by the air, which further increases the rate of deceleration.
The car's high-revolution engine is apparently a powerful, 24-valve, twin-turbocharged V8, mated to an electric motor, just like the real-life McLaren P1. Strangely, the T20 gains an engine sound very similar to V10-engined cars like the Lamborghini Gallardo and Audi R8 V10 Plus in the Need for Speed games. An aluminum cover surrounds the engine to conduct heat, which would normally have been a potential threat with the engine so close to the cover. A glass cover appears directly above the engine's manifolds.
Braking is very responsive thanks to the dynamic rear wing and the AWD system of the car, the latter of which also helps it pick up speed after stopping, in almost a moment.
- GTA V
- Found in the protagonist's garages in Story Mode (PS3/Xbox 360).
- Can be purchased from legendarymotorsport.net for $2,200,000 (PS4/Xbox One/PC).
- GTA Online
- Can be purchased from legendarymotorsport.net for $2,200,000.
- The T20's name is likely a parody of the P1's, while also referencing the English alphabet, as "T" is the 20th letter.
- Also, "T20" looks somewhat like "TWO", and two (2) is a multiple of 20. "T20" also sounds like "two-twenty" (220).
- Furthermore, it has a price of $2,200,000, as well as a top speed of 220 mph.
- The T20 is the fourth hybrid supercar in the Grand Theft Auto series, following the Osiris, Zentorno, and Turismo R.
- The T20, priced at $2,200,000, is currently the most expensive vehicle in GTA Online, topping the Osiris' $1,950,000. It also has the highest insurance cost in GTA Online, at $27,500.
- This price tag of $2,200,000 is even higher than the real-life McLaren P1's normal price tag of $1.15 million. However, some P1's have been sold at $2,290,000, similar to the T20's price tag.
- The T20 is the first car in the Grand Theft Auto series with an active rear wing. It activates when the car is traveling at high speed.
- The T20 and Cheetah are the fourth fastest cars in GTA V, with a top speed of 220 mph (354 km/h); they only fall behind the Osiris' 230 mph (370 km/h), Entity XF's 240 mph (386 km/h), and Adder's 250 mph (403 km/h).