|This promotion is on-hold due to user inactivity|
User:A-Dust has been nominated to become a Manager. This is a self-nomination for manager (bureaucrat), as suggested by gboyers. As this is a self-nomination, it is taken as accepted. Gboyers talk 00:23, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Any user may ask a question here for the candidate to answer. Feel free to add extra questions based on their replies.
- I feel I've helped to move Grand Theft Wiki forward by having the authority to implement policies that otherwise would have been ignored, such as Consistency with the names of images, something that Gta-mysteries and ZS have also heavily contributed to. I've also been able to introduce a standard template for mission articles (as seen for the GTA Liberty City Stories mission articles, example Slacker) and am attempting to introduce one for characters (example Claude) and have tried to make articles more informative and better presented (such as Characters in GTA San Andreas. As for contributions, I have, or at least hope to have, provided an example to editing, helped other users when they have problems and to have positively contributed to the site.
- I see the Manager role as providing both a fair yet, when need be, ready to step in and make decisions. I have, in the past made no bones about the fact that policy has not been something I've been interested in, but it is something I want to be more involved in, as proven through me starting the implementation of the Consistency policy. I'd also like to officially introduce a standard way for typing up different articles, such as one for characters, one for missions, one for vehicles etc, after a discussion with other users as to what they think should or should not be used.
- There is nothing wrong with the rules currently in place, the thing is to implement them and make sure that other users are both aware of and follow them. There are, however, a number of policies that need to be introduced to standardised articles into one system in order to make it easier for users to find information when moving between articles. The continuing changing of file names would also be something to continue and to put down in writing for users to read. As for staffing procedure, I'd like to introduce more staff, in particular moderators to help with marking edits as patrolled, something that other members of staff currently do not do, or at least it does not show up when I view the Recent Edits page. Other existing members of staff could also be asked to mark edits as patrolled.
- I have been active on Grand Theft Wiki and Grand Theft Auto Wikia since June 2006 and have continued to provide 'top quality' edits (as seen through the Distinguished Service medal). I've also been proactive in creating new standardised formats for articles and in implementing policies, whilst trying to introduce others. I am also the longest serving member of staff, besides Gboyers, and have a great understanding of the policy used on Grand Theft Wiki. I have also proven my durability. I have also been given the opportunity to use other tools to help Grand Theft Wiki, such as the Check User function, showing a degree of trust in my ability as both a contributor and member of staff.
I was, as Biggest gta fan ever has pointed out, inactive for a period of time but this was due to working towards my degree, something I now have, and I have since returned to editing. My recent lack of editing and upcoming is due to planning a six week vacation across seven countries, which takes a long time to organise and prepare for, as well as to do. After this, however, I plan to return to being highly active. Biggest gta fan ever also brings up my limited use of discussion pages, although this is mainly due to not needing to discuss most edits. I have also proven more than willing to discuss issues with other users.
Gta-mysteries has only recently been appointed to an Administrator and so I don't believe he has the necessary experience to be promoted after such a short period of time. Biggest_gta_fan_ever has also been inactive for quite a long time.
As a Manager, you will have to step in to calmly end disagreements without upsetting everyone, and without just banning everyone. Have there been any incidents where you have shown this quality? Gboyers talk 00:32, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I have on a number of occasions stepped in to explain things to other users and to end disagreements, one notable one that comes to mind is User:Chip2007 and talking to him to help him realise that he was not and had never been a member of staff. Unfortunately, this proved fruitless. I've also proven willing to discuss differing opinions with other contributors and to seek consensus opinion (Talk:Uni-Tel). I also try not to block users unless they have already broken the rules (such as with Orto Dogge, who had been banned for edit warring in the past), they use inappropriate/offensive language and intimidating behaviour (in order to maintain civility), for sock puppetry and for obviously and continued vandalism of multiple pages. I am, however, more likely to change an article back to the state before any sort of conflict arises/arose and to protect it, as with Murders Committed by Niko Bellic.
- The reason I started to edit this wiki and the reason I continue to contribute is my love of the GTA series, in particular the GTA III Era. Helping to spread the information and to improve the quantity available, as well as the way it is presented, is something of a task of mine as I believe in the sharing of knowledge. I also want to continue to help increase the understanding of the GTA series to fans not familiar with certain aspects/games/characters etc. The best thing about Grand Theft Wiki is, unlike Wikipedia, the friendly nature and lack of user-friendly red tape. One of the reasons I stayed on the site was Chief of Staff, whose friendly approach made editing here fun. This was continued on Grand Theft Wiki with editors such as Gboyers, User:GuildKnight and User:Eganio. The friendly nature also leads to better discussions and greater consensus, allowing community decisions to be reached and to satisfy everyone.
- Any user may leave a comment here, which will be considered before the decision is made.
- From what I've seen A-Dust is a dedicated editor, in place of either mine, or Biggest Gta fan ever's nomination, I would choose A-Dust.--Gta-mysteries 01:08, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- A-Dust is by far GTW's best editor, making hundreds of edits in a single day, and all of excellent quality. Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 09:10, April 27, 2010 (UTC)
- It is quite obvious that A-Dust is a dedicated editor to this wiki and, as said above, is it's best editor. Congratulations A-Dust, you have earned this promotion all the way. Chimpso 09:58, April 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't think any user can match the range and scale of contributions that A-Dust has made. Definitely one of the best editors on this site, and his 7000 edits just to image pages surpasses almost any other edit count. From yours answers above, I get a sense that you would like to be more involved in the community, so I'll give you a chance to do this before I make a decision. Perhaps run a project, write some policy, or do anything that shows off your community leadership and knowledge of policy. My only concern is that if you don't enjoy talking about policy, then I don't want to put you in a role you'll get bored of. If you're more comfortable as an administrator, then perhaps that's where you'd prefer to be? Gboyers talk 21:15, April 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I'd just like to point out that, as stated on my user page, I will be inactive from tomorrow until June 20 due to going travelling, but I am more than willing to do this upon my return. A-Dust 21:25, April 28, 2010 (UTC)
- This section is for any user to formally list whether they are in favour of this promotion or not. Simply sign your name on a bullet point, add any comments into the comments section. This is NOT a vote, but the results will be taken into consideration by the Managers. Remember, this is not whether you like the user, but whether they would be a good member of staff.
Users in support of this promotion:
Users not in support of this promotion: