Welcome to Grand Theft Wiki
This page will help get you started and contributing to this site!
Step 1 - Get an Account
You need to be logged into an account before you can edit any pages:
If you have an account on Wikia, you'll need to create a new one for Grand Theft Wiki
Step 2 - Verify your Account
Grand Theft Wiki requires you to provide an email address and verify it before you can edit.
We will send you an email instantly - click on the link to verify your account.
Step 3 - Practice editing in our Sandbox
Grand Theft Wiki has a Sandbox - this is a page you can play around with and test out editing without breaking anything.
To edit the sandbox:
- Go to the Sandbox page
- Click the 'Edit' button in the top-right
- Type in some text
- Click 'Preview Edited Page' - see if it shows up the way you expect
- Click 'Publish this Edit' to save the page
- Your edit is now visible on Grand Theft Wiki for all the world to see
Step 4 - Get going
You're now ready to start editing any page on Grand Theft Wiki!
Have a look around the wiki -
Step 5 - Hone your skills
Once you've had some practice editing, it's time to learn some more advanced editing skills
Check out our Help pages, including:
- Help:Editing - Learn how formatting and syntax works
- Help:Images - Advanced image formatting and syntax
- Help:Categories - Categories help us organise the wiki
- Help:Templates - Templates are tools for making complex pages easier
- Help:Infoboxes - Infoboxes are templates at the side of pages that contain lots of information