"Military issue M60s. Now found as a weapon of choice for well funded private militias."
-Vice City Bureau of Investigation file description.
The M60 is a family of American general purpose long range machine guns. It appears in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, making an appearance as a heavy weapon, alongside the Minigun and the rocket launcher. In comparison to other firearms, the M60 in both games is a devastating weapon, killing in one shot, and destroying vehicles in a small burst of shots. It is arguably one of the best automatics available to the player, however the slow fire rate makes it slightly weaker than the minigun.
- It appears in GTA Vice City and GTA Liberty City Stories as the original M60. Its bipod has been folded and the box magazine is not inserted. Instead, the bullet belt drapes off the gun.
- GTA Vice City
- Little Haiti - Available to buy from Phil's Place after completion of Boomshine Saigon ($8,000).
- Fort Baxter Air Base - In the west guard tower (Use the Cop Uniform to get in and out unharmed).
- In the mission Phnom Penh '86, the player is given an M-60 that they can keep after passing the mission.
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- Francis International Airport, Shoreside Vale - On roof of a hangar close to a ramp.
- Spawns at each safehouse upon completing all 20 rampages.
- The M60 was originally included in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas; existing files can be found in the PS2 version.
Toni Cipriani holding an M-60.
- Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
GTA Vice City.