GTA IV and The Lost and Damned
The club itself is referenced occasionally in GTA IV, as in the case in "Out of the Closet" when Tom Rivas mentions the club and Hercules, another club owned by Gay Tony. Other characters from GTA IV are also known to have frequented the club, including Gracie Ancelotti (as revealed during "...I'll Take Her"), Alexandra Chilton and Carmen Ortiz (Carmen refers to the club as "Bungalow 9") in dialogues during dates with Niko. The club is later reported by the Libertytreeonline.com to be closed alongside Hercules following allegations of drug pushing in the premises. Although it is mentioned in both in GTA IV and The Lost and Damned, the club is inaccessible until The Ballad of Gay Tony.
The Ballad of Gay Tony
According to The Ballad of Gay Tony's official website, Maisonette 9 was founded in 2003 by "Gay" Tony Prince, and, as indicated in The Ballad of Gay Tony, has been designed to face Galveston Ave, at the Westminster—Meat Quarter border, in the basement levels of a warehouse-turned loft. The club itself only exists physically in The Ballad of Gay Tony, whereas the same location in GTA IV and The Lost and Damned is nondescript, with no hints of the club's existence. Maisonette 9 is one of Liberty City's hottest nightclubs, where Luis Fernando Lopez serves as a manager and personal bodyguard to the club owner. Other Maisonette 9 clubs are currently operating in London and Las Venturas. The club plays music from The Ballad of Gay Tony's and Episodes from Liberty City's rendition of Electro-Choc.
As Luis works in Maisonette 9 as a manager, the player can access the club and interact with its patrons. Luis can dance, compete in a champagne drinking game, drink shots or manage the club. Maisonette 9 also serves as mission destination points. In the near final storyline in The Ballad of Gay Tony, the club is later closed by the city but was re-bought and re-opened by Yusuf Amir in the later storyline.
- Anthony "Gay Tony" Prince - (Owner)
- Luis Lopez - (Head of Security/Manager/Co-Owner)
- Dessie - (Doorman),
- Joni - (CCTV Guard)
- Cindy - (Waitress)
- Various Bouncers
- A Bartender
- An Attendant in the Men's Bathroom
- The nightclub is inspired by a real bar in New York City called Bungalow 8; the owner of that club, Amy Sacco, does very brief voice work on the in-game radio, as a budding club owner named Larissa Slalom says that "Tony Prince is a loser". The real club was permanently closed in late 2009.
- On Integrity 2.0, Lazlow and his sidekick, Jorge try to get into Maisonette 9, but Dessie stops them. A woman then suggests they go to Bahama Mamas, and later the two end up at Hercules, thinking the club is full of women due to the long line of men outside (unaware it's a gay club).
- Yusuf Amir wants to franchise the clubs. After the storyline, Amir reveals that he had bought the place along with his father and might open more Maisonette 9 nightclubs around the world.
- The bouncer, Dessie, is indestructible to anything aside from Luis. For example, punch him. Jump on top of a car, then dial 911 and select 1. Once the police arrive, approach them, then let them see Dessie punch you. They will fire continuously, to no avail. More and more police can be called, there is no limit, but they won't arrive on their own, you must call. He will fight them all off with his fists, then start back on you again. This also works with Troy, the bouncer of Hercules.
- Strangely, if you kill Joni and leave the room, go back in and she is sitting down in the chair.
- If you go in ladies bathroom, you can hear a woman in the toilet having sex, vomiting, or crying.
- There is a glitch that allows you to enter Tony's office. Go to the doors that are in a little hallway next to the bar, and use option Go Through Doors. And you're in. You can also enter it, if you are in the bar, where the guy that hail drinks is. There are doors too, through which you can enter. You can do this by driving a bike into the club, parking it next to the door, and doing the climb/cancel glitch to get in. Only the walls and the floor are solid though.
- The club's opening hours are from 9pm-6am, although there is a way to keep the club open all day and all night. When it's about 5:55am, go to the dance floor and start dancing. Once you've either completed the bus stop or have had sex with one of the female dancers, the club will remain open, no matter how much past 6am the time is. The only way to close the club is to leave and let the door shut all the way or pass out due to heavy drinking.