In GTA IV, there are only two Memory Lanes alleys, one located at Firefly Island, Broker and another in Golden Pier, in Westminster, Algonquin, off Union Drive West. Players can opt to either play a round of bowling on their own or with a friend or girlfriend, turning into a little competition; the alley is prominently featured in GTA IV, when Niko Bellic takes Michelle to the Firefly Island Memory Lanes bowling alley on their first date.
In addition to bowling facilities, each Memory Lanes alley contains a mini Burger Shot restaurant where players can buy food and replenish their health (although it is not usable during an outing with a friend or girlfriend). In The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, an air hockey table is also incorporated into the bowling alley, allowing the player to play Air Hockey.
- The signs in and outside of Memory Lanes light up at night to look like male genitals.
- The opening times (on the doors of Memory Lanes) state that it is open from 9:00 to 9:40 everyday, yet the player can go there anytime.
- On the elevated walkway at Firefly Island near Beach Gate.
- Golden Pier, just off Union Drive West in Algonquin.
- Although there is a sign for Memory Lanes at Pier 45, this appears to be only be an advertisement as there is no indication of a bowling alley there.