Republican Space Rangers
Republican Space Rangers is an animated series which appears on Weazel in the HD Universe. The plot consists of three Caucasian redneck American men who patrol the universe in a spacecraft (which noticeably resembles a penis), searching for and eliminating what they perceive to be threats to America. This is the first cartoon show in the GTA series. It has a mix of humor, violence, and use of drugs. The cartoon has a very stereotypical neoconservative view on life, except for homosexuality, where the members of the crew (all male), seem to have sexual desires for one-another.
- 1st Episode (GTA IV): The Rangers bomb an Agrarian orphanage then head to another planet. A squid-like alien native of the planet says they must stop an evil alien from destroying their culture and taking their resources. The episode ends with both aliens getting shot.
- Episode 456: Trouble Brewing Down South: Seen in The Lost and Damned. Tired of his treatment, Butch leaves Commander and Dick. They proclaim that Butch has become gay and a communist.
- Homecoming: The Rangers return to Earth after being asleep for eight years, instead of eight hours, due to a mistake by Dick. They realize that the U.S. has aliens in it because of policies that did not protect the Home Land from aliens. They soon go to a Human and/or Other Species Reform Unit, and realize that country has an alien president, President Zane, whose head is shaped like a penis. The three decide to kill him as a terrorist act and blame it on "Brown People". With Commander stopping Zane's hovercar, Dick prepares to shoot. However, he misses and shoots Commander in the penis.
- Commander: Commander is the leader of the squad. He is always seen with a cigar in his mouth, even while sleeping. He claims blogging is for communists and liberals and calls Butch "Cyber-Shopper".
- Dick: Dick seems to be second in command. He has a mustache and wears a red headband. He hero-worships the Commander, and often wishes for the next time he might be subject to the Commander's "warm, hairy embrace." Although generally sharing the same bloodlust as his two companions, Dick has a shining moment of clarity by whispering, "No, the enemy is inside" after the Commander screams that the enemy is "out there boys!" Shortly after, however, he partakes in the genocide of an alien race with glee. He also makes sexual comments that are homosexual in nature. In the episode "Trouble Brewing Down South" Dick proclaims that he was raised on a farm, when searching for Butch. In the episode "Homecoming", Dick got a picture of himself by his cryogenic tube and he cannot spell four. It's also revealed that he was molested by his uncle and says "it's a secret between me and Papa".
- Butch: Butch is the tall, obese pilot of the ship who carries two guns. He has a distinctive, hillbilly-esque voice and is the dumbest of the three. His helmet's visor has his own spit on it. Butch's stupidity is often exemplified by groupthink actions (such as agreeing with the other two on anything) and his primitive desire to kill on sight, even though he "don't really like that [killing]". He becomes a fan of blogging and the internet by episode 2 and 3.
- The episode in GTA IV of the Republican Space Rangers is a parody of modern American foreign policy, especially in Iraq.
- Their suits resemble MJOLNIR armor from the Halo series. Also, their ship gets caught by a Halo Ring-like object in the second episode. Also, the fact that Dick hero-worships Commander may be a reference to the popular Halo-based machinima series Red vs. Blue, in which the character Dick Simmons is seen as a "kiss-ass" toward Sarge, his Commander.
- Their spaceship is phallic in shape, continuing the tradition of phallic images appearing in GTA games. Also, the missiles fired from the ship are shaped like sperm.
- Johnny Klebitz insulted Malc on how his gang's clothing style, claiming that they dress like the Republican Space Rangers.
- Pißwasser was mentioned in the first episode as "generous donations."
- In "Homecoming", the Commander suggests a password to start up the ship, "Clown's Pocket", but it doesn't work. This is also the name of a casino in Las Venturas.
- The hovering robot that boards the RSR's ship in the episode "Homecoming" has a striking resemblance to a Probe Droid from the Star Wars series.
- The sound that the RSR's ship makes when starting up has the same sound effect as the Medigun from the game Team Fortress 2.
- The RSR's assassination attempt on President Zane is a reference to the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Also, President Zane's First Lady wears an outfit similar to Jackie Kennedy.
- In the GTA V gameplay trailer, a man is shown dressed up in a costume of the Commander, much like the mascots who stand outside Grauman's Chinese Theater in real-life Los Angeles.