| This talk page is for discussing the Cheetah article.
This includes commenting on the article, questioning whether it is correct, or adding suggestions for improvements
Questions about GTA games, not about the wiki page itself, should be asked at Community:Questions.Remember to always add your signature to the end of your comments/replies using four tildes:
Do we have verification that the older verisons of the Cheetah are 1) manufactured by Grotti and 2) named Mark I, II, III, etc.? If not, this information should be removed. In all honesty, the vehicle manufacturer is completely irrelevant until GTA IV (and GTA San Andreas in a few isolated instances), and should really only be mentioned in the article, rather than added to every model's name. Thoughts? EganioTalk 07:56, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
- I agree with you completely. --MattyDienhoff 10:48, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
- R* never mentioned any manufacturer names of what the Cheetah is manufacturered by. It remains unknown since then... Captain Seven-Twenty 22:00, 11 October 2008 (UTC)
- GTA IV is the start of a new era. The car name Cheetah is common to the series, not the car. The car has changed completely. As far as we know GTA III era Cheetah's are made by a company called Fast Cars. (LOL! That was a joke). There is absolutely no evidence that the pre GTA IV Cheetah is made by Grotti. Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk 10:07, 14 October 2008 (UTC)
- Biggest GTA Fan Ever: in GTA III the Cheetah's been made by a company called Festa. It's logo was seen in beta Cheetah pictures and can be seen in some cars. Also, shape of the name looks like the one in Ford cars.Amd64 13:08, May 25, 2010 (UTC)
Not in GTA 4 !
Why did R* remove one of the best sport cars, i dont care for the infernus too much and its slower, dose anyone know why they did not put it in gta 4 ?Fairnick68 20:03, May 24, 2010 (UTC)
- They probably did because the Cheetah is always a Ferrari Testarossa whose design follows the corresponding era. And the Testarossa wasn't produced anymore in the 2000s. However the Cheetah is featured in GTA III, but only 5 years after it was last produced, so it's still a modern car. In GTA IV, the car would have been at least 12 years old.--Loadingue 11:27, May 25, 2010 (UTC)
- I think that Turismo is direct successor of Cheetah, as both cars resemble Ferrari models. In SA they appear together, but in GTA IV era only Turismo remained as possibly next generation car. V.T. 15:27, May 25, 2010 (UTC)
GTA V Cheetah
Rockstar just posted new vehicle images, which includes a new rendition of the Cheetah. However, unlike the GTA III-era, this new Cheetah seems to be in a front mid-engine, rear wheel drive configuration rather than a rear mid-engine, rear wheel drive configuration. Any ideas on what its real-world equivalent is? --Gsu eagle 31049 (talk|edits) 13:56, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
- Forgot to post the image of the new Cheetah. --Gsu eagle 31049 (talk|edits) 14:00, 20 August 2012 (UTC)