(Rear quarter view)
Error creating thumbnail: File missing
An Osiris in Grand Theft Auto V.
GTA V |
|Vehicle type||Civilian super car|
|Body style||Super car|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
|Manufacturer||Pegassi (HD Universe)|
Osiris drivers boast the shortest average life expectancy of any consumer demographic in America. They live, briefly, in a world of bygone opulence and hyper-modern engineering. The 0.3 seconds between leaving the showroom and arriving at their first corner are the most exhilarating blur in their short, short lives. Only the stupidly rich need sign up to the waiting list.
Official legendarymotorsport.net description, GTA V.
The Osiris is clearly based on the Pagani Huayra, mostly from the rear, sides, and the gullwing doors. The mirrors, however, have been greatly lowered in size and length. The front appears to take inspiration from both the Ferrari LaFerrari and Ferrari 488 GTB. Unlike the Huayra, the Osiris has dual exhausts at the bottom rear, likely inspired by the HTT Pléthore. It also has a top center taillight strip, presumably to replace the twin triple-clustered taillights that have been converted into dual-clustered taillights.
The car features "Frog-Eye" headlights styled like those of the Ferrari 488 GTB and LaFerrari, and the hood is a V-shaped raised hood, much like the Grotti Cheetah (based on the Enzo Ferrari). The rear is not proportional to the main cab, as the cockpit is placed more at the front than at the back, suggesting the car has a powerful and large engine. The rear also has intakes on the sides, both on the top and skirts. The Pegassi emblem on the front also lights up whenever the car's lights are turned on, much like the Turismo R, Cheetah, and Casco. However, this is only seen on the enhanced version.
The rear lights take heavy influences from the Huayra, with the distinctively large humps on the rear with the exhaust system built into the center. The exhausts are placed at the bottom, and are a set of two instead of a 2x2. Under where a spoiler would be mounted is a center taillight. The V-necked window covering the engine is similar to that of the Turismo R, albeit scaled to a shorter length. The stock rims are similar to those found on the Lucra L148.
The Osiris can come in a two-tone body color scheme, with the main color being the body and the secondary color being the trimming.
Legendarymotorsport.net describes the Pegassi Osiris as being powered by a 6.0 L 750 hp V12 engine, much like its primary real-life inspiration. Its claimed stats are a 0-60 mph (0-100 km/h) acceleration time of 3.2 seconds and a top speed of 230 mph (370 km/h); these are identical to the real-life Pagani Huayra, so is the curb weight of 1,350 kg (2,976 lbs), as proven by examination of the handling.meta file. The Osiris also has an electric motor, giving it a hybrid supercar status.
The Osiris is a supercar that is impressive for its class. Thanks to an increased traction rating, the Osiris has faster initial acceleration than the Zentorno. The Osiris is also all-wheel-drive, meaning very smooth turns and rarely having to drift to enter difficult curves; in fact, it actually weighs less than the Zentorno, which weighs 1,500 kg (3,307 lbs) and would have slightly more difficulty taking turns than the Osiris. It also has remarkably good off-road performance, again owing to its all-wheel-drive system and high torque output. If customized with off-road tires, the Osiris becomes a formidable supercar/off-roader hybrid. The car also remains very stable due to its width and low profile. With its top speed of 230 mph (370 km/h), the Osiris is the third fastest car in the game, behind the Entity XF's 240 mph (386 km/h) and Adder's 250 mph (403 km/h).
- Found in the protagonists' garages in Story Mode (PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of GTA V).
- Can be purchased from Legendarymotorsport.net for $1,950,000 (GTA Online and Next-Gen versions of GTA V).
- Osiris was an Egyptian god, usually identified as the god of the afterlife, the underworld, and the dead. He was classically depicted as a green-skinned man with a pharaoh's beard, partially mummy-wrapped at the legs, wearing a distinctive crown with two large ostrich feathers at either side, and holding a symbolic crook and flail.
- This further references the fact that the Pagani Huayra's name also references Wayra Tata, who was a god worshiped by the Puruhá Quechuas and Aymaras of the Bolivian and Peruvian Andes prior to European colonization.
- The Osiris is one of the few Pegassi vehicles to not have a Latin/Italian name; instead, it has an Egyptian name.
- The Osiris, priced at $1.95 million, is currently the most expensive vehicle in GTA Online, topping the Adder's $1 million.
- The Osiris and Stirling GT are the first cars in the Grand Theft Auto series to use gullwing doors.
- The Osiris' default radio stations are Non Stop Pop FM and Soulwax FM.
- The Osiris being based on the Pagani Huayra confirms that Pegassi is also based on Pagani Automobili.
- As such, the Osiris is the first supercar from Pegassi not to be based on a Lamborghini vehicle.
- The Osiris is also the third hybrid supercar in the Grand Theft Auto series, after the Turismo R and Zentorno.
- The Osiris' engine sound is radically different from the real-life Pagani Huayra's sound; the Osiris emits a sound more similar to a Ferrari V12 or SRT Viper V10.