From Grand Theft Wiki
France is a country in Western Europe with several overseas territories and islands located on other continents and in the Indian, Pacific, and Atlantic oceans. There are a few but subtle references to France in the Grand Theft Auto series.
GTA III Era
GTA IV Era
References in GTA
GTA Vice City
- In the mission Mall Shootout, Juan Cortez sends Tommy Vercetti to retrieve some guidance chips used in French missile technology. The deal goes awry and is ambushed by French law enforcement.
- The French Secret Service (based on the Groupe d'Intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale and Direction Générale de la Sécurité Extérieure) make two appearances, once in the mission Mall Shootout when intercepting the deal between Tommy Vercetti and Pierre La Ponce, and a second time in the mission All Hands on Deck! when they attempt to capture/kill Juan Cortez.
GTA Liberty City Stories
- On the LCFR radio station, there is an interview with a French cook who explains how to make Cock-o-Vin.
- Some pedestrians speak French.
- Paris can be seen on the television channel CNT.
- The Statue of Happiness was given to Liberty City in 1886 from the French to mark 100 years free of British food and spelling.
- The presidant of France is requesting during 2008 that the statue be returned, this is in retaliation to American presidant, Joe Lawton, renaming all french maid outfits as "slutty Halloween costumes".
The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Arnaud is from France. Luis Fernando Lopez has two random encounters with him. Once in Algonquin where they converse and Luis eventually drives him to a massage parlour in Chinatown, and a second time in Bohan.