No Way on the Subway
|No Way on the Subway|
Jim Fitzgerald and the nameless biker.
The mission starts off with Ray Boccino and Phil Bell telling Niko that the money and diamonds are missing, with the money stolen by Johnny Klebitz during the bungled deal in the museum and the diamonds with Luis Fernando Lopez. They order you to get revenge on those bikers.
- Just before Fitzgerald is killed, he escaped with help from Johnny Klebitz from Drussila's after being tortured by Ray Boccino's goons.
- Be sure to do the mission I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, and Your Motorcycle before this one because it gets you used to Motorcycle shootouts. However, even with that experience this mission is many times more difficult due to the hard-to-handle bike Niko is saddled with and the obstacles involving the trains. It is also highly recommended that Niko complete as many stunt jumps as possible for the sake of practice, preferably with a similar low-riding bike, because there are several points in the chase where Niko has to jump his bike from a height (most notably when the chase enters the subway tracks, and again after crossing the Algonquin Bridge) and if the player doesn't know how to handle a bike in the air, Niko will either die or lose the pursuit.
- If it's proving difficult to shoot and safely drive the bike, as noted below, one of the bikers will eventually be taken out by a train, rendering the chase slightly easier ... if Niko doesn't crash into the same train, of course.
- If you let the chase go on with both Jim and the mystery biker, Jim will crash into an oncoming subway train and die instantly, leaving Niko to speak one of three lines of extra dialogue: "Was that the Uptown J train?", "Your friend's gonna be smeared from here to Northwood!" or "Well, the big bad biker got his self killed!"
- Niko is originally sent to kill Johnny for stealing the money, but while Niko is chasing Jim, Ray sent some of his men to deal with Johnny instead. When Niko calls Ray after killing Jim, and reporting Johnny missing, Ray informs Niko not to worry about it.
If you kill Jim before, where the train has derailed, it says enter train, as if you where at the platform, waiting to board the train. However you cannot enter the derailed train. Also if you visit the place again, (maybe after killing Jim, than returning to the place) the train has disappeared, but where the train has crashed, it took out a part of the steel poles, which still can be seen. Sometimes, if you crash into a subway when chasing the bikers on the subway tracks, your bike will strangly disappear.