Rear quarter view)|
A Phobos VT in GTA Liberty City Stories.
|Appearance(s)||GTA Liberty City Stories|
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||2-door sports car|
|Capacity||2 (driver and passenger)|
The Phobos VT (spelled Phobos Vt in-game) is a sports car featured in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.
The Phobos VT is an older targa top sports car distinguishable by its aggressive styling that includes flame-like trimming over the front wheel arch, a low-profile front spoiler and side-mounted exhaust pipes on both sides. In addition to its immediate appearance, the car features a notably long wheelbase, may appear with a single- or a two-tone paint job, and is available with or without a soft top. The car's interior constantly features red upholstery.
The Phobos seemingly draws inspiration from 1970s/1980s American-styled sports cars, with the front appearing like that of a 1982-1992 Chevrolet Camaro and the rear loosely resembling a Chevrolet Corvette C3.
Performance wise, the Phobos VT is a mixed bag. While the car can achieve excellent top speeds, its average acceleration often allows the car to only reach average-to-moderately good speeds in corner-heavy drives. In addition, its large wheel base coupled with its high-torqued rear wheel drive makes the car susceptible to spinouts in tight turns. The car's braking and durability are also average at best.
- The Phobos VT spawns in an empty space near Cochrane Dam, west of the Shoreside Vale safehouse in Cedar Grove.
- Appears in traffic on Shoreside Vale, and very rarely on Portland and Staunton Island.
- Together with the Deimos SP, the Phobos VT's name is most likely derived from one of the two moons of the planet Mars, namely Phobos.
- It is one of the vehicles wanted in the Car-azy Car Give Away side mission.
- The Phobos VT's engine and horn sounds are shared with the Banshee and Hellenbach GT.