GTA 1 |
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories
GTA Chinatown Wars
Civilian car (GTA 1)|
Civilian watercraft (GTA III - GTA Chinatown Wars)
2-door sports car (GTA 1)|
Speedboat (GTA III - GTA Chinatown Wars)
|Capacity||2 (driver and 1 passenger) (GTA 1)|
The Speeder refers to two iterations of vehicles in the Grand Theft Auto series. The Speeder name was originally adopted for a sports car in the original Grand Theft Auto, but was to be later associated with a speed boat in games after GTA III.
GTA 1 (as a car)
As expected from a sports car, the Speeder's performance is considerably good. The car is capable of excellent top speeds, although its acceleration, being only above average, may not take full advantage of it. The car also possess good braking, as well as improved turning and handling, although it has moderate grip. The car's base export value is also high: $1,000 in mint condition.
GTA III — GTA Chinatown Wars (as a boat)
"Boat popular with Cuban runners."
- Official Vice City Bureau of Investigation file description, GTA Vice City.
Between GTA III — GTA Chinatown Wars, the Speeder is a speed boat, appearing in every game in the sequence except GTA Advance and GTA IV.
Designed as a lean watercraft, the Speeder is a good boat in terms of handling and speed, being the fastest boat in Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. In other appearances, however, the boat's performance is surpassed by faster boats, such as the Jetmax, Squalo and Violator; as a result, it is only the third fastest in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, and the fourth fastest in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
It is one of the easiest boats to obtain, and can be found at many docks and ports throughout the cities. In GTA Vice City Stories, this boat is very rare and can only be obtained during the smuggling side-missions.
A GTA Vice City Speeder in an earlier pre-release design mounted behind Colonel Cortez' yacht.
- GTA 1
- Appears in San Andreas only.
- GTA III
- Docked on the pier by Asuka Kasen's Condo in Newport, Staunton Island.
- Docked by the runway at Francis International Airport.
- GTA Vice City
- Docked by the marina in Ocean Beach.
- Found attached at the back of Colonel Cortez' yacht, although it is simply a non-solid prop. After completing All Hands on Deck!, the player is given this Speeder as a gift from Cortez and as a means to return to land.
- GTA San Andreas
- Docked at a pier in Esplanade East, San Fierro.
- In the water west of Battery Point, San Fierro.
- Spawns west of the Fort Carson safehouse, by the jetty
- North end of Sherman Reservoir, Tierra Robada.
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- Docked at the pier in Callahan Point, Portland.
- Docked at the pier next to the ferry terminal, Harwood, Portland.
- Docked at a pier south from Asuka Kasen's condo in Newport and the pier where the boat is spawned in GTA III.
- Docked at the end of the easternmost runway, Francis International Airport, Shoreside Vale.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Can only be obtained during the smuggling side-missions.
- GTA V
- Can be obtained for free from a protagonist's dock property, provided the Beach Bum Update is installed.
- In a BradyGames guide for GTA Vice City the possible beta name for the Speeder was the "Ambassador", as seen through one of the images in the guide.
- In GTA San Andreas, the default radio station is K-DST.