|GTA Vice City.|
GTA Vice City|
GTA Vice City Stories
|Vehicle type||Civilian watercraft|
|Capacity||1 (3 in All Hands on Deck!)|
In comparison to the Marquis, the Rio is comparably shorter in height and length, but shares the Marquis' trait of an additional living space directly under the mast. The Rio also features a canopy over the boat's controls, and includes a back-mounted fan which purpose is unspecified, possibly for reading of wind speed/direction. Like the Marquis, the Rio also features a bermuda rig, but does not utilize it for propulsion (relying instead on its on-board motor) and lacks a headsail.
The Rio's size, together with its dependence on a small motor, makes steering of the Rio difficult and contributes to its slow speed, similar to the Marquis' performance. These shortcomings are downplayed in the GTA Vice City Stories rendition, with better maneuverability.
The name of the boat may have been inspired by the music "Rio" by Duran Duran. The description for the Rio in the BradyGames Official Strategy Guide is "Oh, Rio, Rio... dance across the Rio Grande."
- The handling entry of the Rio from GTA Vice City was leftover in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- "Rio" means river in Spanish and in Portuguese.
- GTA Vice City
- GTA Vice City Stories
- Located at the pier at the north of Starfish Island, Vice City
- Located at the pier at the VIP Terminal at Escobar International Airport, Vice City
- Used in a mission by Jerry Martinez and a DEA agent, given by Lance Vance