Rear quarter view)|
An FBI Car in GTA III.
GTA III |
|Vehicle type||Law enforcement car|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
When the player has a five star wanted level, FBI Cars appear, chasing the player at high speeds; their poor handling and reckless driving in GTA III, however, tends not to make them a threat. Like any law enforcement vehicle, the player may activate the Vigilante side-mission while in an FBI Car.
The FBI Car in GTA III looks almost identical to the civilian Kuruma, but is painted exclusively in black and has tinted windows and a single blue dashboard-mounted lamp and siren; the lamp is not actually seen on the dashboard, and the siren is noticeably higher-pitched than the standard police siren. The FBI Car's body color is in a lighter shade of gray in GTA III when it is part of a road block.
As in GTA III, the FBI Car in GTA Advance is distinguished by its black body color, but features two red strobe lights mounted in the front and back of the interior, and is distinct in design from both the Police Car and the Taxi.
GTA III (Rear quarter view).
In GTA III, the FBI Car is considerably faster than the standard Kuruma but has inferior handling due to a slightly higher ground clearance which, far from an improvement, only serves to make the vehicle less stable. This raised ground clearance makes the FBI car more prone to rollovers, but makes the vehicle more suitable for off-road driving. The FBI Kuruma otherwise has similar handling statistics to the civilian Kuruma.
The car's performance in GTA Advance is superior to the Police Car, possessing a slightly higher top speed second only to the F-1. The car's scrap value at the crusher, however, is lower, at $530 each.
- Similar to most other FBI cars that follow, the FBI Car is the only law enforcement vehicle in GTA III that can be resprayed.
- The FBI Car was meant to appear in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, but cut during development. This is evidenced by the handling files, and it is probably replaced by the FBI Washington, probably a leftover from GTA III.
- The FBI Car is very similar to the Police Car in terms of performance, as they go very fast and have tendencies to roll over. The major difference is that the FBI Car is faster.
- The barricade version can be imported when Import/Export is completed.
- Kuruma, a civilian equivalent.
- Special Agent Car, GTA 2 equivalent.
- FBI Rancher, GTA Vice City and San Andreas equivalent.
- FBI Washington, GTA Vice City and Vice City Stories equivalent.
- FBI Cruiser, GTA Liberty City Stories equivalent.
- FIB Buffalo, GTA IV equivalent.