|Appearances||GTA Liberty City Stories|
|Full Name||Kazuki Kasen|
|Place of Birth||Japan|
|Date of Death||1998 (during Cash in Kazuki's Chips)|
Staunton Island, Liberty City
Toshiko Kasen (wife)|
Asuka Kasen (sister)
Kenji Kasen (brother)
Yuka (daughter or niece)
|Businesses||The Big Shot Casino|
|Voiced by||Keenan Shimizu|
Kazuki Kasen (Japanese: 加瀬一樹, Kasen Kazuki) is a character in the Grand Theft Auto series who appears in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (set in 1998). He is the husband of Toshiko Kasen, brother of Asuka and Kenji Kasen, the father or uncle of Yuka and the leader of the Yakuza. He is voiced by Keenan Shimizu, who has also appeared in Law & Order.
Kazuki Kasen was born and raised in Japan with his younger siblings, Asuka and Kenji, later meeting his future wife Toshiko. He, at some point, moved to Liberty City in America and becoming the leader of the Yakuza. Kazuki began to lead the Yakuza in their attempts to increase their standing in the city, in particular due to the actions of Massimo Torini and the Sicilian Mafia, and bought a casino in Torrington, Staunton Island.
Kazuki, who married Toshiko in a pre-arranged marriage, neglects his wife and spends the majority of his time with his men. Toshiko, after hearing of Toni Cipriani destroying a Yakuza tank, hires him to destroy and humiliate Kazuki, first by having Toni steal a Yakuza munitions delivery and then destroy Kazuki's casino takings whilst being transferred. Toni later accompanies Toshiko to the opera before meeting Kazuki face to face on the top of his casino, killing him. After learning of her husbands death Toshiko, feeling remorse, commits suicide.
- During the mission A Date With Death, Toshiko states that Kazuki is a samurai. Kazuki is likely to either be a descendent of a samurai or to follow the Bushido code practiced by the Yakuza, becoming a samurai by way of practice and nickname. The official title as a military nobleman was abolished during the Meiji Restoration during the nineteenth century.
- It is sometimes alluded to that Kazuki is a closeted homosexual. When Toshiko tells Toni that Kazuki "prefers the company of his men", she then asks "do you understand, Mr. Cipriani?". Toni later teases Kazuki when he says "I will enjoy thrusting my sword into you!", to which Kazuki does not respond and soon after tries to have Toni killed outside of his samurai code of honor.
- Furthermore, on the game's official website, an email is shown from Kazuki to Kenji, saying he feels very guilty about something he isn't telling Toshiko. He writes "Many times, I have killed a man, afterwards, just to keep him quiet", and that "now there is someone special, but I am a man, not a rat, skulking in a sewer". Toshiko discovers the email and sends it to an anonymous forum for life advice.
- In addition to Kazuki, Asuka Kasen is also thought to be homosexual.
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- Cash In Kazuki's Chips (Killed)