|Full Name||Dwayne Forge|
|Date of Birth||1973|
|Place of Birth||North Holland, Liberty City|
Cherise Glover (ex-girlfriend)
North Holland Hustlers (1990 - 1994) and (2008 - Present) if Niko kills Playboy X |
Playboy X (1990 - 2008)
Niko Bellic (2008 - Present) if spared
The Triangle Club (? - 1994) and (2008 - Present) if Niko spares him |
Cocaine Trafficking (1990 - 1994)
|Voiced by||Devin Richards|
Dwayne Forge is a prominent character in Grand Theft Auto IV. He exists as a mission-giver and, if the player chooses not to kill him, available for friend activities. He was once the Boss of the North Holland Hustlers, and can take charge again depending on the player's choice. Dwayne was voiced by Devin Richards.
Dwayne was born in North Holland in 1973, and likely grew up in the area's housing projects. His father was an illiterate, violent pimp and drug dealer who regularly beat both his wife and child. He would tell Dwayne in a harsh, deep voice "Expect the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised" before beating him, accounting for his melancholy outlook on life. His mother was his main caretaker, who he thought highly of saying she "tried so hard" to please his father, who often beat her. In one instance, she bought him golf clubs because a friend of his had some and it seemed sophisticated, but he used the clubs to beat her still. His father died when he tried to rip off other drug dealers in the neighborhood - the dealers knocked on his door and killed him right there. Dwayne says that he "felt nothing" when his father had been murdered, even saying he was glad. Dwayne later wanted to be a police officer as a child, but says he could not read well enough and that the LCPD frowned upon black police officers in the 1980s. At one point he was homeless, unable to get a job without full education. From there, Dwayne reflects that "I could add up and I could scare people, so I started selling dope" (Dwayne admitted all this while on friend activities with Niko Bellic).
Drug empire and prison sentence
He became boss of the North Holland Hustlers and would go on to run a crack cocaine empire at only 18 or 19 years old. Dwayne claimed that he made $50,000 per week and "had apartments full of money - entire apartments stuffed with bank notes!". He was also close to his girlfriend Cherise Glover (13 at the time, and "the love of my fucking life") and Playboy X, who was 8 or 9 and once very book smart when Dwayne first taught him how to sell drugs. Dwayne saw him as a little brother or even a son, later saying he wanted to start a nice family and have children but believed his drug dealing and prison stint had prevented it. Dwayne also owned The Triangle Club in Bohan, but likely just as an investment considering Cherise.
Dwayne is assumed to have been arrested in very early 1994, and he mentions doing 15 years. He was snitched on by Jayvon Simson, who would also steal his girlfriend in the next few years. Dwayne ran the gang from prison at first, also providing his girlfriend Cherise "cars, houses, apartments, bank accounts, everything!" while inside. In 1999 he was arrested for drug possession with intent to sell, possibly out on parole and reincarcerated, which was perceived as one 15-year stint. Dwayne was placed on suicide watch for much of his prison sentence, continuing to express some suicidal thoughts when released.
Playboy X turned 18 in 2001, and assumed leadership of the empire soon after (although he had to work his way up as a street-level dealer and stickup kid). Many gangs matured from solely crack sales to wider drug sales, other organized crime and even legitimate avenues such as the music and real estate industries. Playboy paid his last prison visit to Dwayne in 2004, no longer having any interest in running with him. At an unknown time, his Triangle Club was taken over by the Trunchez brothers.
Release from prison
In 2008 Dwayne is released from prison and immediately goes to see Playboy at his penthouse. He talks to Playboy X and Niko Bellic in the mission Deconstruction for Beginners, where Playboy patronizes him. Playboy X eventually pays Niko Bellic to appease Dwayne by working for him, but Niko genuinely connects with the man as both have been through a lot and have developed a distaste for others.
Niko helps him slowly put his life back together, by settling old grudges and reclaiming the Triangle Club. However, Dwayne also begins to talk trash about Playboy, and Dwayne's reacquisition of the Triangle Club conflicts with Playboy's business interests. Dwayne knew the effect that his would have on Playboy, doing it anyway out of passive-aggressive angst for turning his back on him. According to Playboy, he offered Dwayne half of his old gang back and he did not accept, likely insulted as he started the gang and taught Playboy business when he was a mere child. Niko is subsequently hired by both men to assassinate one another, in the mission The Holland Play. Niko must choose whether to kill Forge or Playboy X.
If Niko chooses to kill Dwayne, Niko will arrive at Dwayne's apartment, knock on the door and tell him "it's nothing personal". A derelict old white man with a baseball bat then runs out to assault Niko, and Niko quickly and easily incapacitates him. Forge accepts his fate in sorrow, turning his back to Niko and calling him "fake just like the rest of them!". Niko then gives Dwayne a mercy kill, a shot to the back of the head while Dwayne looks away. Playboy pays Niko $25,000 as promised and wishes him well but, possibly in denial, he calls Niko cold-hearted and says they cannot associate with each other anymore. Later, his answering machine even claims that "you don't know what you got until it's gone."
If Niko chooses to kill Playboy, Dwayne takes over the empire once again and gives Playboy X's Penthouse to Niko, revealing he had the deed to it all along and living in it himself would remind him too much of Playboy. He will also become a friend, and, if his friendship "like" percentage is raised high enough, he will send two gangsters as bodyguards whenever Niko needs Backup.
- GTA IV
- Deconstruction for Beginners
- Ruff Rider (Boss)
- Undress to Kill (Boss)
- The Holland Play (Semi-boss, can be killed)
LCPD Database record
First Name: Dwayne
Place of Birth: North Holland, Liberty City
Affiliations: Linked to African American criminals and drug dealers in North Holland
- 1989 - Burglary: Illegal Entry with Criminal Intent
- 1991 - Possession Controlled Substance: Crack Cocaine
- 1994 - Tax Evasion
- 1999 - Possession Controlled Substance: Intent To Sell
Wanted For: Possession: Intent To Sell (Arrested)
- Crack Cocaine Baron in the mid 90s.
- Controlled large patches of territory in East Holland, North Holland, and Bohan.
- Business operations now being run by Trey Stewart, street name - Playboy X.
- Placed on suicide watch for much of his time in federal penitentiary.
- The player can enter Dwayne's apartment in Gov. Greg Johnson Housing Projects in Vespucci Circus, Northwood. If the player enters the middle apartment, and goes to the first floor, the door in front of the staircase can be opened and this is Dwayne's apartment. It can be also seen in Dwayne's mission's cutscenes.
- Dwayne's e-mail address is Bigdwayne94@eyefind.info
- Dwayne's clothes can sometimes be seen worn by other African Americans. His clothes are also identical to those worn by Dardan Petrela.
- Dwayne's favorite radio stations are The Beat 102.7 and The Classics 104.1. He also listens to The Vibe 98.8, playing "Footsteps in the Dark" by the Isley Brothers in his apartment during one mission, and also having it played inside his strip club (though it is unknown whether this was his choice).
- Dwayne's actor, Devin Richards, actually bares a striking resemblance to Dwayne. It is likely that Dwayne was modeled after Devin Richards.
- If Niko does not take Dwayne out for extended periods of time, Dwayne will text message Niko stating that no one has been calling him and that Niko should have "capped" him when Playboy X asked.
- After The Holland Play, if Niko doesn't respond positively to Dwayne's e-mail, he will not become a friend.
- Backup from Dwayne can arrive in one of 3 cars: a PMP 600, a Patriot, or a Presidente. All three sport red paintjobs unavailable on any of the cars otherwise. The red Patriot does not come with vinyls.
- Eventually, during the game, Dwayne will ring you up and asked if Niko just called him, to which Niko will reply that he didn't. Dwayne will then say that he was in the shower and he heard the phone ring and thought it was Niko, he will then apologize and hang up. This is completely random, but it might be to remind Niko that he doesn't have many friends and should hang out with him.
- Dwayne can be faced in the races in the Lost and Damned, he drives a red NRG 900.
- If you are late to a meeting with Dwayne or fail to show up altogether, his like percentage doesn't drop. He is the only person that this applies to when you fail to show up, and the only other person that a late arrival won't affect is Roman.
- When driving a bike, Dwayne dons a unique helmet; it's a metallic grey with a white skull on the back.
- Due to the bigger rewards for killing Playboy X, and the fact that the majority of players choose to do so, could suggest that Niko killing Playboy for Dwayne is canon.
- During the events of GTA V in 2013, Dwayne could well be on Niko's friends list on Lifeinvader. But due to the fact that he cannot be seen on Niko's friends list to the side, this could possibly mean he has a private profile (Niko's Lifeinvader Easter Egg can be found in the dining room in Michael De Santa's safehouse).
- gta4onlineguide.com - contains details on how to raise Dwayne's like percentage