End of the Line
|End of the Line|
Carl Johnson and Sweet head out to deal with Big Smoke.
|Game||GTA San Andreas|
|Location||Ganton, Los Santos|
The SWAT Tank is destroyed
The Feltzer is destroyed
Frank Tenpenny escapes
After taking over 35% of gang territory in Los Santos
End of the Line is the final storyline mission of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl Johnson by his brother and leader of the Grove Street Families, Sweet from his house in Grove Street, Ganton, Los Santos.
Carl and Sweet Johnson have managed to find out where former friend Big Smoke is hiding in East Los Santos. They drive over to Smoke's hideout in East Los Santos avoiding rioters. Upon arriving, they see that Smoke's crack palace has heavy security and there's no way to enter the place except for breaking through the wall. Carl finds a SWAT Tank nearby and steals it while being attacked by SWAT officers and Ballas gang members. He successfully smashes the wall and enters the crack palace.
Upon entering, Carl makes his way through three floors while killing Ballas, Vagos, San Fierro Rifa, Russian Mafia gang members as well as workers, whom all carry M4, AK-47 and MP5s amongst other strong weapons. Carl manages to find Big Smoke, who (after playing a videogame) claims that he doesn't feel any regrets over betraying the Grove Street Families and takes out a gun ready to battle Carl. During a shoot-out, Carl manages to kill Smoke and after a brief conversation questioning Smoke's decision, he says he had no choice and saw the opportunity for power and money before dying.
Frank Tenpenny, who had been watching the whole thing, arrives and asks Carl to put all of Smoke's money in his bag. Tenpenny threatens Carl with a shotgun, but Carl distracts him by shouting "Sweet!" which makes Tenpenny think that Sweet is hiding somewhere. After he notices that he got fooled, he tries to shoot Carl, but misses. After that, Tenpenny runs to the second floor and sets the whole building on fire by shooting a generator and causing it to explode.. Carl goes the same way out and kills any gang member on his way while avoiding burning himself by the fires around the building.
After successfully escaping, Tenpenny attempts to drive away in his Firetruck, Sweet jumps on his Greenwood and then leaps at the ladder on the back of the truck, and hangs on from the ladder. Carl enters a parked Feltzer and starts to chase Tenpenny. During a long chase throughout Los Santos with rioters on the road throwing molotovs and police chasing the trio, a police officer in the truck gets out and starts to stomp on Sweet's fingers. As Sweet loses his grip, Carl parks his car under the ladder and Sweet falls on the hood of the Feltzer.
Sweet then takes control of the car with Carl acting as the shooter with his Micro SMG. The chase continues throughout the city with Carl destroying Police Cars as well as rioters chasing them in cars and bikes. The chase comes to an end on the bridge going above Ganton where Tenpenny crashes his truck and after the injuries dies at the heart of Grove Street territory.
Carl, Sweet, The Truth, Kendl, Cesar together start a conversation as Tenpenny says his last words and they head inside the Johnson House to talk about their future. Suddenly, Ken Rosenberg, Madd Dogg, Kent Paul and Maccer enter the house with everybody inside drawing their guns towards them. Madd Dogg announces his first gold record and they all celebrate their success before Carl heads out of the house to see "what's happening". Following the end, Catalina calls for the last time and is heard having sex with her boyfriend Claude.
(CJ enters Sweet's house)
CJ: Hey, Sweet!
CJ: It's time for Smoke.
Sweet: Alright, let's roll.
CJ: Johnson brothers fittin' to take that fat fool down.
(Sweet and CJ outside)
CJ: You sure he's in East Los Santos?
Sweet: Yeah, right on the edge of Los Flores - some old apartments and a warehouse.
CJ: He's as good as dead then. Can't believe you bought that same bucket ass car, man!
Sweet: Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So this is it huh? Johnson boys sorting this shit out. Nervous?
Sweet: Me too, me too.
(CJ and Sweet inside the car)
CJ: Look, I know you down for this, but I gotta go in there alone.
CJ: Smoke played me. Tenpenny played me.
Sweet: They played us all.
CJ: Yeah, but your right - I was a busta, when my family needed me the most. Hey, I let Brian die, man. This one's for him... for moms... and for you bro!
Sweet: Yeah, for the Grove Street, baby.
CJ: Yeah, for the Grove, baby!
Sweet: Hey, if you need me, you know I'll be.
CJ: For sure. You've been always there for me, man.
(CJ and Smoke in the crack palace.)
CJ: Hey Smoke!
Smoke: HEY! CJ I was wondering when you'd show up.
CJ: How'd you know it was me?
Smoke: Knew it was my old dog, CJ. Knew you was coming and I don't give a shit.
CJ: I'm here to take care of your fat ass, and then take care of your friends in the police department. Where they at?
Smoke: Man, fuck this shit! Ahh, that's some good shit. (CJ: Man, you and Tenpenny...) Fuck Tenpenny, fuck his polish lapdog and fuck the police, man. All that's old shit. Look at you, you got the whole world! I ain't got no regrets man.
CJ: Smoke you had a...
Smoke: I made it CJ, I'm a success! I CAN'T BE TOUCHED. I don't give a fuck. Fuck the whole world.
CJ: What happened to you, man?
Smoke: Man, what the fuck do you care? Guess we better do this shit then...
(Smoke and CJ gunfighting.)
CJ: You wearing body armor, Smoke? I'm disappointed in you, I thought you was gangsta.
Smoke: Hey, I am a motherfucking celebrity. All kinds of crazy cats want a piece of me! Somebody save the Smoke. SHOOT HIM! Help me!
CJ: Hey, Smoke, what made you flip out like that man? Was it the drugs or what?
Smoke: I got caught up in the money, the power... I don't give a shit, ohhhh fuck man!
CJ: Why didn't you just quit man? We was like family, homie.
Smoke: I had no choice, I had to do it. I just see the opportunity. When I'm gone, everyone's gonna remember my name, BIG SMOKE!
CJ: Damn man, what a waste!
(Tenpenny enters the room, aiming a combat shotgun at CJ)
Tenpenny: Carl Johnson. My man. I need you to do me another favor. You killed Pulaski, and now this fat fuck. There's no stopping you. Drop the gun.
(Carl drops his gun.)
CJ: You ain't leaving here alive, man.
Tenpenny: Where's your brother at, huh?
CJ: Why didn't you just shoot me in the back? Feeling exposed, huh?
Tenpenny: Shut your dumb ass up and load the bag. C'mon, let's go, I ain't got no time to fuck with you!
(Tenpenny tosses Carl a suitcase and Carl begins to fill it with money from Smoke's safe.)
CJ: So what it's like, Tenpenny, huh? All alone, nobody got your back. Suck, huh?
Tenpenny: Why you think am alone? I got a couple of rookies outside. But I gotta open their eyes slowly, you know - a little truth here, a little truth there... A'ight, fuck it, that's enough. Chuck it over, I've got a firetruck to catch.
CJ: You're crazy man, you lost it... you're gone.
Tenpenny: Half the city's looking for cops to kill, Carl. And I ain't about to get dragged out of a patrol car and get beaten to death by some angry mob. No, no...Not tonight.
(Carl tosses Tenpenny the suitcase with money and he picks it up.)
CJ: What you catching, a plane?
Tenpenny: Ding ding ding ding ding, good answer Carl! You know, your gonna thank me one day - for opening your fucking eyes. OH! I almost forgot, Carl! Time to die.
CJ: Uh, Sweet!
(Tenpenny turns around for a second and Carl leaps to the side, grabbing his gun.)
Tenpenny: Mother f-...
(Tenpenny shoots at Carl, but misses. He then grabs the suitcase with money and begins to back away towards the door)
Tenpenny: It ain't over Carl, it ain't over.
(Tenpenny in the Drug Lab)
Tenpenny: Carl, you motherfucking piece of shit gangbanging cocksucker!
(Tenpenny shoots one of the crack processing machines and it blows up, setting the building on fire.)
(Carl escapes the burning building in time to watch Tenpenny getting into a firetruck and Sweet jumping on the truck's ladder.)
Sweet: Tenpenny you motherfucking piece of shit, I ain't letting you get away with all you've done.
CJ: Sweet, NO!
(Carl begins chasing the firetruck in a car.)
Sweet: I'm gonna piss on your corpse Tenpenny. I ain't losing this fool! CJ, do something!
CJ: Just keep hanging on bro!
Sweet: Oh man, that was a close call, I ain't letting this bastard go.
(Cop starts stamping on Sweet's fingers)
Cop: Let go you dumb bastard!
Sweet: Fuck you pig! AHHH my fingers!
(Sweet falls on CJ's car)
CJ: Gotcha. Take the wheel, it's payback time!
Sweet: Motherfucker! Take that pig bastard down. Those firetrucks are indestructible. We ain't gonna dent it! Watch our six, cops on our tail. Vagos rioters coming up, this city's gone nuts. I'll keep up with Tenpenny, don't you worry! Concentrate on keeping all these other lunatics off our case, CJ. Rioters on the bridge up ahead, they dropping shit from that bridge. Look out, CJ! Watch our six. Some rioters on bikes after us. Look out, CJ! Crazy bikers on a rampage. I keep up with Tenpenny, he ain't getting away. Cops on our tail. Cops up ahead, where did all these assholes come from?
CJ: Down in flames! DOWN IN FLAMES! It's over Tenpenny, OVER! I'm gonna stop you motherfucka!
Sweet: He's losing control!
CJ: We got the motherfucker!
(Tenpenny's truck falls from the bridge.)
Tenpenny: Come on, assholes. I'll take you all. Your mine! MINE! I run this town. Hey over here, HEY! Officer down! COME ON, HEY! Assholes, you never understood what I did. Fifty of me and this town would be okay. I took the trash out. I DID - and I'd do it all again.
(Tenpenny dies. Cesar, Kendl, Sweet, CJ and The Truth appear. Carl draws his gun and aims it at Tenpenny's head.)
Sweet: Don't... don't do it man, he's gone.
CJ: I just want to be sure he's over, that's all.
Sweet: It's cool! Don't need to put a bullet in him. He killed himself in a traffic accident. No one to blame. Let's roll!
Truth: I mean, far out, man. You know, I mean, you beat the system. I tried for thirty years to cross over. But you've managed it! I mean, your an icon, man.
CJ: Oh - Thanks man!
Kendl: I'm just glad it's finally over.
Sweet: What's up with Smoke?
CJ: You know what's up with Smoke - he always saw things a lil' different than us.
Kendl: Smoke? Smoke was always on his own, always out for self.
Truth: That's the surest path to hell, man. Well - that or fifteen microdots and an ounce of mescaline.
Cesar: Let's go get something to eat!
Sweet: Sounds good to me.
(The antire group minus Carl leaves. He approaches Tenpenny and gives his body a slight, mocking shove.)
CJ: See you around, officer.
(Inside the Johnson House.)
CJ: Now that everything is cool, we gotta stay on top of our game. Keep everything in check, but subtle.
Kendl: We got problems in Venturas, problems in San Fierro. Shit's never ending.
Sweet: For sure. I mean, the Families is back on their feet. But we gotta keep shit tight cause a lot of people have got their eyes on us.
(Ken Rosenberg, Kent Paul, Maccer and Madd Dogg enter. Carl, Sweet, Cesar are startled, and draw their guns.)
Ken: I came in peace here with Mr. Dogg who has an announcement.
Madd Dogg: My, I mean OUR... FIRST... GOLD RECORD! (cheering)
Maccer: And I've decided to get breast implants.
Kent Paul: Will ya shut up?
CJ: Anyways, what's next?
Kendl: We should hit the casino, roll some dice with Woozie.
Sweet: Nah, we gotta take care of things here first.
Madd Dogg: We're going on tour, fan!
Ken: Has anyone got a tissue? My nose is... it just won't stop running - anybody?
Maccer: Yeah I have, over here!
Ken: Uhh, I'll pass!
Kendl: Carl, where are ya off to now?
CJ: Fittin' to hit the block, see what's happening.
Post-mission phone call script
Carl Johnson: Eh, whassup?
Catalina: (Heavy breathing)
Carl Johnson: Hello?
Catalina: Yes, Claude, faster, harder, DEEPER! Oh, yes, yes, YES!
Carl Johnson: Catalina! You sick! Get help!
Catalina: And you, Carl, you are jealous!
- When CJ confronts Big Smoke, Smoke pulls a Combat Shotgun. However, when the gunfight begins, he uses an AK-47.
- Another oddity with Big Smoke after the cut scene where Tenpenny leaves the drug lab, is that Smoke's head is under the couch, regardless of where the player killed him.
- In the cut scene after Big Smoke dies, Tenpenny is armed with a combat shotgun. But in the next cut scene where he shoots the generator, he is seen with a normal pump shotgun.
- An easy way to kill Big Smoke is to knock him down with a melee weapon and attack him repeatedly with it, to prevent him from getting up and running.
- If the player has completed the fire fighter side missions prior to starting the mission, it will be easy for them to escape the burning crack palace by simply running through the flames. However, even if the player isn't fireproof, they can easily jump over the fire instead of spending time putting it out.
- No matter what pistol the player has in their inventory, Carl will always have a Desert Eagle when he confronts Smoke, and after he's killed Smoke. This will also be the default weapon Carl pulls out regardless what weapon the player has selected before the cut scene begins.
- The Feltzer in this mission is bulletproof, fireproof, explosion-proof and damage-proof, it can be only obtained by failing the mission. The license plate reads "I MY AK".
- On rare occasions CJ will shout "Hang on, Sweet" just as he starts to chase Tenpenny.
- It is possible to get close enough to the firetruck and attempt to hijack it, although it is locked.
- It is possible to obtain a one-carriage train (only the engine carriage).
- The Brown Streak locomotive will be solid only when the player drives past it. Other times, other trains just drive straight through it.
- The two SWAT Tanks seen on this mission are the only two in the entire game. The one used to smash the wall can be stored in a garage, however it will disappear after the mission unless the player fails the mission.
- Tenpenny's firetruck has extreme speed, equal to a sports car; a trait unheard of in any other normal firetruck. However, if you fail to catch Sweet and the mission is failed, the firetruck advances slowly and stops near Las Colinas after East Beach. You can follow it in the Feltzer and obtain it, although it goes slowly and has broken tires.
- The player is 100% free of police attention during the mission.
- The mission is played in three parts: The first ends when CJ kills Smoke and Tenpenny blows up the lab. The second ends when CJ exits the building and Sweet hangs on the firetruck, and the third is the remainder of the mission (chase and ending). If you had completed one or two parts and replay the mission, the first parts will be skipped and you will start from when you have failed the mission.
- The time in this mission is pre-written. Whether or not the player enters the mission at a certain time, the mission will start at 21:30 outside Sweet's house, so the confrontation between him and Smoke is normally after midnight. Although, after Tenpenny blows up the lab and CJ is alone in Smoke's room, the time is 00:00. Concerning that the player has 7 minutes (7 game hours) to get out of the building, so when he gets out the time is around the first hours of the day. However, when he starts chasing Tenpenny, the time is 17:00, so the death of Tenpenny is around late night. The mission is finally passed in 01:15. That makes the mission considerably the longest in the GTA series, starting at 21:30 of the first day, and ending at 01:15 of the third day.
- When the player sees Big Smoke playing video game, the joystick he's holding resembles an Xbox controller.
- There are video game machines in Big Smoke's citadel, the player can play them, but you have to make sure that you can get out of the building.
- It is rather odd that the gangsters in the building will not try to escape the building. This is due to, unlike GTA Vice City, the lack of NPCs being able to enter/exit buildings.
- Strangely, during the cut scene in which Carl and Smoke confront one another, Carl scoffs at Smoke for opting to wear body armor, yet, with the countless armor pickups throughout the plant, it's highly unlikely that Carl wouldn't also be wearing armor himself.
- When Frank Tenpenny states "And I ain't about to get dragged out of a patrol car and get beaten to death by some angry mob. No, no...Not tonight. " he may be referring to Reginald Denny, a white truck driver who was dragged out of his vehicle and severely beaten by a mob of local black residents at the intersection of Florence and Normandie Avenues. This occured during the 1992 Los Angeles riots.
CJ reaches the Ballas lounge.
Frank Tenpenny sneaks up on CJ.
Sweet grabs onto the back of Tenpenny's fire truck as CJ runs for a nearby Feltzer to give pursuit.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|