Letter Scraps are a collectible in Grand Theft Auto V that can be found across San Andreas after the player completes the mission Repossession. The letter scraps form a confession letter to film mogul David Richards confessing to the January 1975 murder of film actress Leonora Johnson. The letter scraps can be collected by Franklin Clinton, Michael De Santa and Trevor Philips but only Franklin can complete the Strangers and Freaks mission "A Starlet in Vinewood" where he confronts the killer. The player, as Franklin, can be helped in locating the letter scraps by Chop or, if they have a Rockstar Games Social Club account, can locate the scraps not collected on the 'checklist' tab. When close, the letter scraps will rustle in the wind further aiding the player in finding them.
- Located in a ditch at the construction site owned by Devin Weston.
- Located near air vents on a roof in the north eastern corner of the studio.
- Located in the back garden of a house in the Grove St cul-de-sac. (the house is visited Hood Safari)
- Located in a container in the Davis Mega Mall car park.
- Located at the end of the Los Santos River drainage basin in the middle section.
- Located on a boat in a dry dock south of Chupacabra St.
- Located on the bridge section of Vespucci Blvd.
- Located on a platform in the canal running under Palomino Ave.
- Located at the entrance to the Los Santos Transit Metro station near the arrivals/departures terminal.
- Located on the roof of Sightings Bar & Restaurant.
- Located on an island inside the cemetery of the Hill Valley Church.
- Located at the outside bar of the Pacific Bluffs Country Club.
- Located in the maze at the Kortz Center.
- Located on the highest platform of a crane at the Mile High Club construction site.
- Located in between two highly stacked containers off Buccaneer Way.
- Located inside a dry pool.
- Located in an outer building of a house at the end of Lake Vinewood Est.
- Located at the top of the "I" in the Vinewood Sign.
- Located at the BIG Juice stand on the Arthur's Pass Trail near the Galileo Observatory.
- Located in the western stands of the racetrack.
- Located in front of an apartment off Eastbourne Way.
Los Santos County
- Located on the beach of a large island off the coast of the Palomino Highlands.
- Located on the northern island off the coast of Palmer-Taylor Power Station.
- Located at the centre of an unfinished gas holder.
- Located inside a cave at the coast (east of RON Alternates Wind Farm and northeast of the Palmer-Taylor Power Station).
- Located in front of the Tongva Valley tourist information board on Tongva Dr.
- Located at an observatory post next to the The Altruists camp.
- Located behind El Gordo Lighthouse.
- Located on the grasslands of Lago Zancudo, technically in Fort Zancudo, on the side of the Fort.
- Located under an awning on the southern road of the town located to north of the Alamo Sea.
- Located on top of the Stoner Cement Works structure on Joshua Rd.
- Located on a large rock formation at the Sandy Shores Airfield.
- Located near the grave stones of a church along Route 68.
- Located on a small beach in the northwest corner of the Alamo Sea on North Calafia Way.
- Located at the Aerial Tramway station on Mount Chiliad.
- Located in the doorway of a home in Dignity Village.
- Located at the entrance to the men's toilets at the Procopio Truck Stop.
- Located at the decking of house along Procopio Dr (opposite Duluoz Ave).
- Located in an outer building of a house at the very north of Procopio Dr.
- Located behind some rocks south of the Paleto Forest Sawmill.
- Located on a high cliff on the south side of the Canyon and roughly one third of the way through from the west side.
- Located in the swimming pool of the abandoned hotel.
- Located under a small bridge along Route 68.
March 15th, 1975
ATTN; David Richards
My Dear David,
Listen, I know you're a little offended by your discover of me 'petit indiscretion' as the French would say, but I want you to understand –that's all it is – a little indiscretion. I agree whole heartedly with you – my actions were a little inhumane. But that's not a bad thing. Inhumanity is the very watchword, the very currency, the very life blood of the artist! My inhumanity makes me human. It's thanks to my inhumanity that I'm able to speak to people with the moral authority of the sinner and the creator, all at once. I had to kill her. And I had to do it in that way. The way that would hurt me most – by torturing her slowly and painfully, then sending mementos from our date to her family.
And in the years since, I've had to, at times, goad her family into further suffering. Just to prove how very much I understand suffering and how I can represent it best as an artist – isn't it better that one family suffers so the world can be free to enjoy, to learn and to be cleansed by my masterpieces? Don't even bother answering that. The answer is obvious and if you get it wrong, well, then you're less of a man than I though.
But let us not concern ourselves with such trivialities – we are artists, my friend. The last of a dying breed. I dread the day when you finally retire and Solomon takes over – sure I the kid but he's a remorseless hack with none of your passion, your creative zeal. He's a weak livered moralizer hiding in the body of Vinewood decadent.
He understands nothing about why we at as we do! Not because we can, but because we must. And that's the thing. Some people take advantage of their position in this town for pleasure – as if sleeping with multiple young girls, or torturing hitchhikers or eating dogs could ever be fun? It's awful. I only do it to experience it so my art is truer, deeper, more meaningful, and I believe you know that.
I cannot wait for you to read my new draft of LEARED. I have really removed the cliches that ruined Shakespeare's plays and found the power, the moment, the thing we talked about that wonderful night in Mexico when we paid the hookers to stab each other.
Anyway, I hope you and Rachel have worked through your problems. I look forward to making Friday supper again soon. You've always been an inspiration to me.
Your dear friend
|Xbox 360 Version - GTASeriesVideos|