| This article concerns a future game or content that is unreleased.
Some details may be speculative, and may not turn out to be correct.
Grand Theft Auto 6 (GTA 6 or GTA VI) is an expected upcoming game from Rockstar Games.
In August 2022, Strauss Zelnick, the CEO of Take-Two Interactive (Rockstar's parent company) said on an investor call that GTA 6 is "well underway"
"With development of the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series well underway, the Rockstar Games team is determined to once again set creative benchmarks for the series, our industry, and for all entertainment, just as the label has done with every one of their frontline releases."
The last GTA game to launch was GTA V back in 2013
There are a number of rumours surrounding the game, from a variety of sources:
- The game is likely to be set in Florida - starring a new Vice City (Miami)
- The map may include surrounding Caribbean islands - although these may not be accessible in the open world 
- The protagonists may be a twin brother/sister
- The game will be built on a new version of the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE 9) which supports up to 16K textures
- The game may have been reduced in size, down from Rockstar's original plans to cover large parts of North and South America, due to the complexity of the game
Original plans for the title, which is code-named Project Americas, were for it to be more vast than any Grand Theft Auto game to date. Early designs called for the inclusion of territories modeled after large swaths of North and South America, according to people familiar with the plans. But the company reeled in those ambitions and cut the main map down to a fictional version of Miami and its surrounding areas.
GTA 6 Leaks
On September 18, 2022, a new user on GTAForums.com called 'teapotuberhacker' posted download links to over 90 videos and screenshots purporting to be of the next Grand Theft Auto game.
This apparent leak appeared to show in-progress developement and testing footage, including behind-the-scenes technical logs. The content reinforced a number of the rumours that had already been circulating, including a Florida setting, and male and female playable characters.
The pictures and videos spread widely, before Take Two issued takedown notices for any sites hosting them. Take-Two Interactive also filed notice of the breach with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on September 19.
“We recently suffered a network intrusion in which an unauthorised third party illegally accessed and downloaded confidential information from our systems, including early development footage for the next Grand Theft Auto. At this time, we do not anticipate any disruption to our live game services nor any long-term effect on the development of our ongoing projects.
“We are extremely disappointed to have any details of our next game shared with you all in this way. Our work on the next Grand Theft Auto game will continue as planned and we remain as committed as ever to delivering an experience to you, our players, that truly exceeds your expectations. We will update everyone again soon and, of course, will properly introduce you to this next game when it is ready. We want to thank everyone for their ongoing support through this situation.”
For more information, see:
- IGN - GTA 6: Gameplay Videos Reportedly Leak
- Forbes - GTA 6 Suffers Massive Leak Of 90 Gameplay Videos
- PC Gamer - Huge GTA 6 leak includes gameplay footage of robbery, Vice City locations, and two playable characters