|This is a Community page on Grand Theft Wiki.
These are various tasks for people to perform on Grand Theft Wiki.
This page is not policy, but a collection of suggestions, which has been established through GTW's working practices and policies.
These tasks can be done by anyone, and don't require expert editing skills; but are still vital to this wiki!
Helping out with these tasks from time-to-time can help you build up your skills and become a wiki expert!
- Cleaning up pages that require it (see Grand Theft Wiki:Cleanup)
- Expand Short pages
- Bring Ancient pages up-to-date
- Fixing pages from the Delete category (if possible)
- Adding categories to uncategorised pages
- Adding links if necessary to Dead-end pages
Anyone can perform these tasks, but they are a bit trickier and may need a bit of specialist knowledge, such as how templates and categories work.
- Cleanup Needed - The article needs to be reorganised or tidied up
- Organisation Needed - Extra work is needed around on the wiki to make this work
- Fixing Double Redirects (redirect -> redirect -> page)
- Disambiguation pages (Are they required?)
- Orphaned pages - No pages link to these pages, either mark for deletion or add links from the rest of the wiki
- Adding the correct copyright templates to uncategorised images
- Fix category names, as per Consistency Policy
- Creating Wanted Pages
- Adding text to and categorising non-created categories
- Expand the Wiki's Help section
These tasks can only be performed by an Administrator:
- Removing unused images
- Removing unused templates
- Removing unused categories
- Merging pages
- Protected Pages - Some can be unprotected over time
- Blocking Users
- Moving Pages
- Deleting Pages
- Delete Broken Redirects
- Deleting, Tagging or Enhancing Empty pages
- Watching the unwatched (If nobody watches these pages, problems may go unreported)
- Create and maintain Policy
- Maintain the Consistency Policy