| This page documents official Policy on Grand Theft Wiki. It concerns standards that all users should follow.
When editing this page, please ensure that your revision reflects consensus. When in doubt, discuss first on the talk page.
User accounts on Grand Theft Wiki are members of various user groups. User groups each have different rights and abilities on the wiki, and some groups are considered to be staff on this wiki.
The rights of each group can be found at Special:ListGroupRights.
Normal user groups
- Verified Email - Users who have verified their email addresses through Special:Preferences are automatically placed into this group. Email verification is now required to edit Grand Theft Wiki.
- Autoconfirmed - Users are automatically promoted to the Autoconfirmed group once they have been registered on Grand Theft Wiki for a certain length of time. The only additional right granted is to edit semi-protected pages.
- Trusted Users - Trusted Users are normal users who the staff consider trustworthy enough to be able to edit with more freedom and help out more on the wiki. Trusted Users (along with staff members) can inspect the edits of other users and mark them as 'patrolled'. Any Administrator can mark a user as being Trusted.
Staff are users chosen to hold a position of responsibility on the wiki. Each rank of staff has different rights, responsibilities and tools to help them do their jobs.
Whilst all users are encouraged to edit the wiki and check each others' work, staff have the responsibility to keep the wiki running smoothly. As a result, staff members have the authority to make decisions which affect other users.
- Administrators - Responsible for keeping the wiki running smoothly, with extra powers such as moving/deleting pages and blocking users.
- Managers - Lead administrators, responsible for other staff and for promoting staff on this wiki.
- Executive Managers - Owners of the wiki. Executives have administrative rights on every wiki.
There is also a group for select retired staff members. Not every staff member will be appropriate for the Alumni group.
- Alumni - Selected former staff who continue to be trusted with most of the rights of an Administrator
Other user groups
Several other user groups and rights exist on the wiki, but are not staff positions:
- Bots - Authorised automated user accounts, software used to automatically edit the wiki or make mass edits.
- Technician - This is a global group for staff and technicians to have control over the IGWN: network.
- Attendant - This is a global group for staff who have administrative rights over the whole IGWN: network.
- Checkuser - This is the ability to see users' IP addresses and block them. This is reserved for certain staff only, to maintain user privacy.
- Oversight - This group has the ability to permanently delete pages, images, edits and revisions from the wiki. This is not used.
- Patrollers - This group has access to Special:Patrol for monitoring recent edits. This group is not used, as other staff also have this right.