Shoreside Lift Bridge
Shoreside Lift Bridge
Shoreside Lift Bridge.
|Location:||Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale|
The Shoreside Lift Bridge or the Staunton Lift Bridge is a large four lane lift bridge connecting southeast Shoreside Vale with the west side of central Staunton Island. The bridge also features a bell, indicating to drivers that either the bridge is ready to use or not. During various missions in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, such as Panlantic Land Grab and Morgue Party Resurrection, the bridge does not lift. The exit on the Shoreside Vale side is a highway which leads to Pike Creek or Francis International Airport. The Staunton Island exit is a highway that will lead toward Belleville Park or Newport. The name "Staunton Lift Bridge" was mentioned once in GTA III in a news announcement once Shoreside Vale is unlocked.
- The movement of the bridge can cause several physics-related glitches.
- If traffic is blocked on the bridge as the bridge moves up, cars will drive off the bridge but will be driving in the air.
- Canceling the taxi side mission as the bridge moves up will have the passenger sink through the bridge.
- It is possible to "fall" through the road on the bridge and end up on a level beneath the bridge. It is impossible to get out of without killing yourself. This level is also accessible by jumping over the side of the bridge and onto the maintenance platform, then jumping over the end of it nearest the center of the bridge and carefully walking around the support column.
- In GTA Liberty City Stories, if the player loads a profile with Shoreside Vale unlocked and then loads another where it is not unlocked, the bridge will work and the player will have access to Shoreside Vale.
- Also in GTA Liberty City Stories if you start the See the Sight Before Your Flight side mission before Love on the Rocks the bridge will work normally even though it shouldn't.
- If the player has an Infernus, he could activate the Perfect Traction cheat and jump off Staunton to Shoreside and vice versa by picking up a high speed and jump. However, the chances of falling is still there as sometimes only half the Infernus will be able to reach the other side of the bridge (Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories only)
- A Banshee and a Cheetah is also capable of doing such things.
- The Shoreside Lift Bridge is the only bridge in the series that rises.
<youtube align="center" width="400" height="250">noDfbDMZYxw</youtube>