Against All Odds
|Against All Odds|
Catalina pointing a gun at the Inside Track cashier whilst Carl Johnson prepares to blow open the safe door with Satchel Charges
|Game||GTA San Andreas|
|Target||Inside Track betting shop|
|Location||Montgomery, Red County, San Andreas|
Death of Carl Johnson|
Arrest of Carl Johnson
Death of Catalina
Running out of Satchel Charges
Body Harvest (if chosen after First Date)|
Gone Courting and Wu Zi Mu (if chosen after First Base)
Made in Heaven (if chosen after Gone Courting)
Farewell, My Love... (if chosen after Made in Heaven, provided Wu Zi Mu has been completed)
Case A. The mission was not played beforehand and just unlocked :-|
Case B. The mission was not played during First Date, but was chosen in the second outfit :-
Case C. The mission was not played either during First Date or during First Base :-
Case D. The mission was not played until the last resort :-
Made in Heaven
Against All Odds is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas given to protagonist Carl "CJ" Johnson by countryside criminal Catalina from outside the Inside Track betting shop in the town of Montgomery, Red County, San Andreas.
Carl and Catalina arrive at the betting shop in Montgomery, having already decided to rob the shop at Catalina's hideout. The two enter the building with Catalina pointing a gun at the female cashier, threatening to kill her if she does not open the back door. The cashier, however, pushes the panic button and an alarm goes off, with Catalina shooting the cashier, who is protected by bullet-proof glass. Catalina, in anger, then kills one of the customers before telling Carl to open the door and then the safe with Satchel Charges that she had obtained. After doing so, Carl collects the money from the safe and the two leave. They leave the shop and, after losing the police chasing for a 4-star wanted level, return to Catalina's hideout in Fern Ridge where Catalina giving Carl his share of the money.
CJ: You wanna rob a betting shop?
Catalina: Yeah. You not man enough? Here, Carl.
CJ: Satchel charges?! Where the hell'd you get them?
(Catalina and Carl enter the betting shop and hold it up.)
Catalina: Open the backroom door or I blow your fucking face off! Leave the panic button or I'll kill your children too!
(The cashier hits the panic button and an alarm goes off.)
Catalina: I warned you, you stupid bitch! Stupid fucking bitch! Now I'll kill you, eat my shit. Carl, c'mon, stop playing with your balls and hurry up!
(Catalina fires the gun towards the employee, who is unharmed due to bullet-proof glass. Catalina then kills one of the customers. Carl then uses the satchel charges to blow up the door and then the safe.)
CJ: OK, I got it!
Catalina: About fucking time, you're a fucking sloth!
CJ: Whatever. Let's roll!
(Carl and Catalina get out of the betting shop.)
Catalina: Get in the fucking car!
(Catalina and Carl evade the police and return to Catalina's hideout.)
Catalina: You impress me, Carl Johnson! Here's your cut, big man.
The reward for completing the mission is $2,000.
- If the mission was played after First Date, the mission Body Harvest is unlocked.
- If the mission was played after First Base, the cutscene Gone Courting and the mission Wu Zi Mu are unlocked.
- If the mission was played after Gone Courting, the cutscene Made in Heaven is unlocked.
- If the mission was played after Made in Heaven, the mission Farewell, My Love... is unlocked, given that the mission Wu Zi Mu has been completed beforehand.
Satchel Charges will now become avaliable for purchase at Ammu-Nation for $2,000.
- This is the only major storyline mission in which a wanted level higher than 3 stars is assigned by default when committing a crime. All other missions where a wanted level is assigned usually deal with a 2-star or 3-star wanted level, and in very rare cases, a 1-star wanted level.
- This is the only mission, apart from the final trucking side mission, to warrant a 4-star wanted level.
- Catalina's dialogue, "Get in the fucking car", contains a possible reference to a similar dialogue used by Bowser which is often repeated in spoof videos and bloopers in the Super Mario Bros. game series.
Carl Johnson empties out the contents of the safe.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|
With Gone Courting